Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
My earlier quote: No one but no one has any right to be judgmental about what other person is wearing!!

Still stands!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani,

You are looking at one point, personal comfort. But the discussion is about are they called bad? why so?

i watched a reality show for kids few months back priyanka chopra was invited as a guest/judge.poor thing was clad in a micro mini.The length of the dress was ending where it was starting.every time she'd go on the stage ,she'd pull her dress down.walk so cautiously and poor thing couldn't even bend down to hug or kiss the kids(participants).now i wonder what was the need to wear such an inappropriate dress for that occasion?she'd have looked nice n hot in any outfit anyway.no dress looks bad if worn at the right place keeping your body frame in mind.
Sajeetharan:
[quote]You are looking at one point, personal comfort. But the discussion is about are they called bad? why so?[/quote]
I am not talking only about personal comfort, I am talking about the attitude of a person judging the girl ONLY BASED on WHAT she is wearing!

The incident about Priyanka Chopra is only the case of wearing wrong clothes at the wrong time! She probably needs lessons on more wardrobe propriety!

My point is, if I want to wear a mini or a pair of shorts, who are the others to call me bad or of loose character without knowing me as a person?

kalyani
[hide]My point is, if I want to wear a mini or a pair of shorts, who are the others to call me bad or of loose character without knowing me as a person?[/hide]

Simple, you are in India!!
That is exactly why I said it is a matter of being a hypocrite!!

"Dressing" should be in such a way that we must be comfortable with it. No matter whether it is short or long it must suit us. An outfit may suit aishwarya rai so well but not on us. Too much of exposure is what young girls do today. It is always good to wear outfits that help us improve our appearance.

Girls wearing short outfits are not always called bad. It all depends on where they wear those outfits. It all depends on their behaviour. Men or Women both should maintain diginity no matter what dress they wear.
Dress does not reveal anyone's character. We can't say that girls wearing short dress are characterless. even Burqua clad woman may be characterless.
However, dress is the first pointer to a personality. You are first known by what you wear and next comes what you speak. When you move from your home, you will talk to few but many will see you. Hence dress matters. There is a Punjabi proverb- Eat what you like but dress what others like. Again dress should match occasion. It is best to wear type of dress normally worn by most people and not attract anyone to your peculiar dress. This is good fr men and women both.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Yes after all of your reviews I feel that the girls should b allowed to wear whatever they want , the same way we boys r given freedom . Everyone knows the limit , so we cant impose a dress code on girls . dressing in traditional clothes doesn't guarantee safety . so it should b left to the individual choice.
I think GOod or bad depends on girls thinking but not dressing style..It should be left to personal taste what to wear...forcing is a bad thing which is mostly done in India..
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.