Dear friends,

I need your suggestion.

My current salary is 14000 per month in Ahmedabad I got job offer in Mumbai for 3.25 lacs per anum. Current company ready to give 22000 per month. Which option should I select and which one is best for me.
Ahmedabad-22000 or Mumbai 27000/- PM

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Santosh, I am not from Mumbai, but closer, from Pune.
[quote]My current salary is 14000 per month in Ahmedabad I got job offer in Mumbai for 3.25 lacs per anum. Current company ready to give 22000 per month. Which option should I select and which one is best for me.
Ahmedabad-22000 or Mumbai 27000/- PM[/quote]

I can very well understand your dilemma. Moneywise, I don't see much difference in the two offers that you have in hand (Rs. 5000 is actually a lot) considering that living costs in Mumbai are much higher than in Mumbai. The 5000 less that you would be getting in Ahmedabad would be compensated by the saving you could make in Ahmedabad. Also if you have already established yourself well in A'bad, you would have to start from scratch again in Mumbai.

But there are other factors to be considered. If the company in Mumbai is offering you better future growth prospects and better opportunities to grow and learn as a professional then Go for it. Similarly, try to work out the pros and cons of staying back in A'bad and mving to Mumbai.

My suggestion is write down on a piece of paper positives and negatives of both the possibilities and I am sure you will find a solution. :) :) :)

All the best to you!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank u very much Kalyani ur view will help me more.................

Santosh Kumar Singh

My pleasure Santosh. Glad to be of help in any way!!! :) :) :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Kalyani, you have given a very simplified solution in a smooth way. Good thinking!!

Yes, Santosh, I would also like to add that if you are living in Ahemadabad means if it is your native place then better be there and not join Mumbai

To join in Mumbai, leaving your family is the case only when you can see your career growth with the organisation of Mumbai

Aastha Gupta
Yes Aastha I have my family my wife and daughter so its pressurizing me to think more on both offer of Ahmedabad and Mumbai Once I will go to Mumbai I will loose everything from Ahmedabad even I will miss boddunan also.

Santosh Kumar Singh

I don't know about other possibilities.

But if your family is in A'bad, you should not go anywhere, I think this salary increment is also good.

Its my suggestion to you to stay with your family.

Aastha Gupta
Family is in UP this time but will come soon with me . I take flat on rent to settle my family in Ahmedabad so If I go to Mumbai then I need to rearrange all thing that I have made in Ahmedabad.

Santosh Kumar Singh

BETTER IT WOULD IF U DECIDE IT ON YOUR OWN.OR YOU TAKE YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS SUGGESTION....
HI Santosh-I also think that you can consider moving to Mumabi only if the new company is really good. otherwise it is best to be in Ah'bad itself.

Anyway, as Kalyani said, it is best to write down on paper the pros and cons.
santosh all has suggest what is a good way..I think you already had research about that mumbai company before taking the offer..if not just know the background of company so that u can know whether people like you who have already joined in the company are well treated and are given growth prospects..I know its difficult but it is needed as regretting after losing a change can be very painful..

In genral Mumbai is very expensive place and small apartments are itself expensive...family and you should adjust..however you have still think twice before joining..If you dont have any problem please give me details about your field and the company you got oppurtunity.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.