"I have seen many people including myself when I feel helpless when I cant converse with some people in English, as far as medical and technical launguage is concerned I can speak but as soon as , communication skill is concerned I am very weak. Not only me but there are lot of people who are laughed at or made fun of just because they dont' know English

Is it important for everyone to be able to speak fluent and correct English, and if yes what should people like me do???
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Try to speak to your friends in English.When it is friends we can correct each other easily.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Tragedy with Indians is that we follow both American and British English.so there is a confusion of grammer and spelling.
Hai Sanjeetharan,

I completely agree with you,that English language has become a forte in every walk of our life.

It is better to mingle with those people having an attitude of motivating you.when someone corrects your English,donot hate that person;but instead be glad that he is helping you. The general tendency of a human in a competitive world is to just run the race and not bother to help others on the way,that is why people just laugh or jeer at you when you stumble while you speak.

Having a command on English is very easy,you donot have to be a scholar to master the art of speaking in English.

We are there to help you out and hey it is Grammar and not grammer

Swetha Shenoy
Well i agree with swetha that people do not help others and the best way is to follow english movies where the difference between American and British english can be understand..BBC is best to know British english which is easy to understand.
I think language is only a tool and not and end in itself. Ability to converse fluently in English is an asset. However, if you have ability in some branch and not so fluent in English, you should not feel inferior.
As regards fluency in English, this has no meaning if you have no knowledge or skill in certain field. all Englishmen are fluent in English. I have written in a thread that many Agra boys are fluent in so many foreign languages just because they get touch with foreign tourists. But they are illiterate and can do nothing except guiding the foreign tourists.
Being skilled in your own job or profession is most important. Fluency in English comes next. Lack of fluency in English is no reason to feel inferior any way. However, I advise for getting fluency in English.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@ Swetha

thanks for your motivating hints .

@ gulshan

yes you are right. We must be more focussed on our profession as you said english is a tool for improving our profession
English is a global language, its very difficult manage things in future without english
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.