When the spiralling prices of foodgrains and all other essential commodities are making the life of an average Indian miserable the government has proposed a fresh hike in the prices of petroleum products which is likely to hit them even harder.While it's true that international oil prices are shooting up and our oil market companies finances are in a mess.But why can't the government propose some imaginative steps to mitigate the hardships of the common men? Why petrol.diesel and kerosne should be treated on an equal footing? Diesel and kerosene are used by the poor people and these should be subsidized.While the government continues its policy of setting up more automobile units to produce cars of varying sizes,it's clueless about meeting the fuels requirements of the future.It has no policy of discouraging sale and use of big and luxury cars which are fuel guzzlers.Ultimately the burden is passed on to the poor common men who are already groaning under a crushing burden.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree. The policies of the government are pro rich and anti poor. Only some eyewash for the poor is considered sufficient. It is necessary to completely overhaul the system. Personal ownership of transport and facilities should be replaced by efficient public utilities, public transport, parks etc. The reduction of personal vehicles will reduce the overall consumption of petrol and diesel. Apparently, the poor are suffering from luxurious life style of politicians and industrialists.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The same old prescription for a very complex problem.Why can't the government rationalize its uses.Let it come out with a White Paper on how much petrol and diesel is consumed by the ministries and government departments.
Politicians never care about the common people at all.Unless people start fighting against these hikes in a silent way or unless some revolution comes,the situation is not going to change.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
Poor becomes poorer and rich becomes richer.It is the curse of a nation.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
It's is Manmohan Singh's cold economic logic versus the survival of the common man!!!
The Government did a very smart move first came the salary hikes in all sectors public as well as private, Than came the tax perks and now within matter of months price hike. So all money circulated in the economy and landed in the pockets of richies again. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This is the most Hippocratic Government.

Click the below link for news which you can use:NeWsYoUCaNUsE
@Chinmoy, the answer to the question you asked is definitely yes!! Apart from all the facts stated by our friends, it is a well know fact that in order to get any of your work done in the govt offices, you need to have money in your pockets. A poor man who is unable to pay will just keep on running from pillar to post for a long long time.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Kalyani

You have portrayed this grim reality very well.Although I am not an economist I can not comprehend Mr.Manmohan Singh's conviction that only improvement in growth rate would improve the average lot of the people of this country! How can it be achieved without social justice and fair distribution of income? He is heading stinkingly corrupt government.
@

abid

you are right. as rajinikanth said in sivaji rich get richer poor get poorer.

the main cause for this in our country is the rampant corruption.

Rich bribe the govt and secure contracts and fill the pockets of the government.
@Chinmoy, you right!! Also the policies of the govt. are only helping the rich get richer and the corrupt get corrupter in order to hoarde tons of money! Ketan Desai's exploits are still fresh!!

The very fact that people have to pay huge amounts of money to secure govt. jobs is quite illustrative in this regard.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.