Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes i agree with all of you and appreciate for discussing such an important issue..

Previously all the housework was done manually and due to this many excerises were covered and as said by Jayen we can see our grandmother still fit at the age of 80+ due to this.But today we are totally dependent on machines which already covered, makes life easy...
So.. it can be finally said the in modern times, housework is not a substitute to regualr exercise.
Even in cooking, many gadegets have come ,like wet ginder, food processor) to make it easier for us. Mixie is making the job of blending much easier than it was previously. Another thing is the in olden times there were large families and to cook for all of them alone was a hectic task.
What can be said safely that the lifestyle as it was in the olden times can not be brought back and the world has changed for the women especially in the urban areas and exercises have to be popularised in the interest of health.
Agreed Chinmoy, the old times can not be brought back now!! But as Meean says, even a simple act of sweeping or wiping the floor by squatting down is great exercise! Especially for women who stay at home can at least take up these two activities. Spending 20-25 minutes for these chores everyday will keep your body fit and flexible!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I accept that Kalyani! My focal point is excercise and let it be any form.If sweeping is one,so far so good with one condition- no dirt should be swept under the carpet!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I agree!!

I just hope your wife sees this post!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

@Kalyani,

I have been struggling to keep her away from this.....Any target is just good enough for her big and broad broomstick!!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.