Friends,

I think it is very apt to discuss this topic today. Let's discuss what kind of actions we have taken ourselves in our personal life to preserve our environment. To start with, i will share the points which i follow.

1. Iam not buying any daily newspaper. I read the news online.
2. I have opted for e-statements for bank statements, credit card statements,mobile bill and land line bill.
3. Whenever i used to go to shop for buying vegetables or fruits, i take my own bag for buying it 80% of the time. ( My wish is to make that to 100% )
4. I don't throw any waste material in the road. Even if have anything to throw while travelling, i will keep it in my bag and throw it when i find a basket.
5. I try to avoid buying bottle packs of certain items every month. Instead i buy the refill pack and put in my own bottle.
6. Whenever iam not using any item which consumes power, i immediately switch it off.

These are the small steps i follow.

Please share your views also about this. If i find any good point, i will try to follow that.

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am saving electricity and using public transport instead of personal. I have also some flower plants at residence. I avoid using paper and instead make use of computer and cell phone diary. I think I may do nothing more as an individual.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I have completely banned the use of thin plastic carry bags in my home.
Good things Meean and others.. Even, I have opted for e-statements to avoid unnecessary paper waste..

Some cooking waste like cofee decoction and some vegetable peels can be used for plants, if any are available.
at micro or individual level we can at the best avoid plastic bags usage, opt for e-statements , minimal power consumption
also buying patterns should be changed some people keep on buying sprays those bottles are very dangerous.
we are in tropical areas solar power usage should be encouraged, there is not much research happening in the usage of solar power
Very good initiative by Meean...

I also don't take any news paper. I read it online.
I try my best to save power also. I switch off lights if I am not in the room. Same habit I am trying to inculcate my children also.

We have to educate our children right from there childhood. It is very essential. We should follow it religiously..

Software Engineers never die...They just go offline.

http://jokesthegreat.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.