Sir Albert Einstein once remarked:"If my theory of relativity is proven successful,Germany will claim me as a German,and France declare that I am citizen of the world.Should my theory prove untrue,France will declare that I am a citizen of Germany,Germany will declare that I am a jew." These are the most pragmatic words of the great scientist.Rabindra Nath Tagore too believed in global citizenship.Do share your views.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I think there is no exact boundary but As we are Indian so we have Indian citizenship....

Santosh Kumar Singh

http://experienceofknowledge.blogspot.com/

His remarks are quite pragmatic but given the fact that each country or region has its own indigenous natural resources, interests etc. there would be wide spread chaos if the boundaries were to cease existing as there would be cut throat competition to hold and control unique features that eahc country has!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I think the political boundaries are all artificial and mostly ignore economic realities.It goes to the pragmatism of the European leaders that they have formed a single union.
Yes, when honour comes there will be a lot to share it.All countries are practicing the same.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
European Union is quite an exemplary case! but I don't think that would work so well in the rest of the world, given the fact that the diversity of religions is mroe varied than it is in Europe! Whole of Asia is already going through a number of wars in the name of religion, Africa has its own set of ethnic bloodletting strifes!

I guess the world without boundaries is going to remain the unachievable and unattainable Utopia of our dreams!

@Kalyani

I don't think it is that Utopian because in the sphere of trade and commerce countries are realizing the importance of the concept of 'borderlessness'.ASEAN is modelled on EU,we have SARCC.Similiarly US and Candada have a similar organization.Tarff barriers are disappearing to promote international trade and commerce to the mutual advantage of member countries!
@Chinmoy,. I agree with you where trade and commerce is concerned, but what about the political issues? We felt really great when we helped Bangladesh attain freedom from Pakistan and gave it a separate identity as a separate Bengali-speaking country, but has that deterred from Bangladesh govt to keep on repeatedly open fire upon our soldiers at the boundaries. Is there any sort of gratitude towards us on their part as their benefactors?

Sometimes blinkered political views come in the way to see the economic issues rationally.But it is a matter of time the economic issues would force them to do so.
I certainly hope that would happen soon!!

At least for now, it doesn;'t seem so likely, case in point, INdia has a huge market for products that are made in China, but has that prevented them from encroaching on our lands that it is doing so steadily and consistently???

I agree that is the sad reality.But it is equally true that China's vast economic interests in India is preventing from launching a misadventure.Well,let us hope things really improve on this count.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.