"Some men are born great,some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them".This what Shakepeare said about greatness.While there is no problem with the first two categories but what about the third???
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Everyone should do what he can in best way. If some one is considered by most peole as great, he is great. Essentially, popularity and greatness are similar. It is the percepttion of people that makes one great. However, the experts in a field affect public opinion. Thus if scientist community holds a particular scientist in high esteem, he will be considered as great.
Greatness thrust upoon- is unpalatable. If someone does nothing great, he is not great. This is only some sort of hero worship based on caste, region, family etc. that may cause such type of greatness.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The third point brings into my mind the case of Mr. M.F. Hussain, there is nothing great, in fact nothing good about his art but he has been projected as a great person by a handful of people and now he is looked upon as a great artist by many!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I find the lot of greats belonging to the third category to be most unenviable!
Yes, that is an extremely sad situation but true and the only reason is that these people are capable of spending money to create the media hype about themselves.... and today all it takes is media to grant or take away greatness from a person!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes,these days media too has become a great power centre and they are capable of creating many a false god!!!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.