Whenever I think of the goals of our life I am reminded of this famous remark of Benjamin Franklin : "If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead,either write things worth reading or do things worth writing." Aren't these words great?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It will be a good achievement in our life if many people feel bad and sad after our death instead of saying "It's good that this person died.There is not much use even if he / she lives"

websitesreview-meens.blogspot.com
This quote is applicable to those who have ambition of being remembered always even after death. Personally, I do not nourish such opinion. As long as I exist, I must do my best. On death rule ends. Remembering by others during or after life time has no meaning.
If we remeberthe dead personalities, this is our outlook. Wer may gain by gettin inspiration and guideance from the dead. But the dead are dead and whether we remember them or not hardly matters to them.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@Chinmoy, nice post!!

@Gulshan while I agree with most of what you have said, there is no harm in being remembered for how well you have lived! By "how well you have lived" I don't mean lavishly or luxuriously. There should be at least one person who would look up to as a role model and would take inspiration from your deeds! I guess that would be enough!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Just think of Baba Amte and his deeds have far surpassed the actual length of life he lived!
Yes Chinmoy, Baba Amte and his entire family right down to their third generation.... :) are perfect examples...

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

There such examples of self-less love for the humanity in general and we are fortunate that such men walked upon this earth!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.