Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I agree with all the views. I think injuring other people in the name of religious belief, definetely shouldnt be followed. Children are sacrified in some rural areas to get money or immortality etc. is this what any religion says to injure other for your own profit?
TO my knowledge in any religion such thinks are not teached, if such rituals or beliefs there it should be stopped.
All the religions in their true and purer forms never allow this barbarism in the name of religion.
Chinmoy- You said all the religions in their true and purer forms never allow this barbarism in the name of religion.

I view that there is no barbarism as such in any religion. Barbarism is in human mind. Ignorance, superstition and greed lead to barbarism. For example, many sacrifice humans or animals at the altar of deity to satisfy their greed of getting a child or money or treasure or any material thing, out of superstitious belief and ignorance. Thus greed, ignorance and cruelty are all combined. The dowry system is also based on greed. Greed and superstition lead to cruelty. That is why there are dowry deaths.
Religion is said to be spiritual. But I fail to understand what sort of spirituality lies in demanding wealth, children and money from deity. This is worst sort of selfish materialism in garb of religion.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan,

Our objections should be the brutal practices which are propagated in the name of religion and my views should be construed accordingly.Let us not take the chaff as the religion by discarding the grain!!
Chinmoy- I agree that we must discard and fight against the inhuman practices only. We need not bother about harmless rituals.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan,I express my total and complete agreement with you on this.
@Gulshan and Chinmoy, I too am in complete agreement with you both!!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thanks Kalyani and Gulshan and with this note of agreement I take leave of you.

Good Night to you all and see you tomorrow!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.