n International research has discovered that many lizard populations have disappeared in Africa,North and South America,Australia,Europe and India.it is a matter of grave concern as it might have a cascading effect up and down the food chain.Lizards prey on disease-carrying mosquitoes and other insects and themselves are prey for birds and snakes.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
shocking to here that. Every single plant and animal in the food cycle are important to complete the cycle. If one exincts others may decrease or increase and that causes the imbalance. s we should do something to prevent this.
Yes mate,it is very shocking and most dangerous thing happen.Just spare a thouhgt how many such species are silently disappearing from the face of this planet.
Really....

It is very shocking news!!!!!

But I hope the same cycle is repeating!!!!!

The big reptiles got extinct...and now these small ones!!!!

:(

Thanks 'n' Regards,
Deepti.
I think it is just an exageration.In my house there are a number of lizards!!I hate them.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
Abid,

You may find it to be an exaggeration but the report is research-based.
The research has revealed that one third of the animals and plants face extinction in a few years. The mindless construction and development activities are leading to deforestation, less space for wild life and pollution leading to unsafe living for various animals and plants.

If this is not checked, human specie may also face extinction sooner or later.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Lizards are extremely crucial members of the food chain as they control the numbers of various flies, spiders and mosquitoes. If they are extinct there would be an outbreak of a major death-causing epidemics, hence there should be measures to preserve these species.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Never allow our personal prejudices to tinker with the hard facts.However ugly or beautiful a creature may look each and every one has its own importance in the scheme of this universe.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.