Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
No offense intended here or no intention of hurting anyone's religious feelings, But can anyone explain to me how a dip in the extremely dirty, gutter-like waters will cleanse anyone's sins??? :blink: :blink: :blink: Not to mention the thousands of people of all kinds of hygiene (unhygiene) dipping in them at the same time???

This is just a myth even I don't think its hygenic to take a bath in dirty water specially when there are millions of people out there just to have a dip. I remember recently I went to Ujjain city and Kshipra river which is also a holy river and people ask me to have a dip in the river :evil: I denied as water of the river was like a gutter. Though I took bath in Narmada river as water of the river was flowing and was lot more clean. :)

Good Explanation. I really appreciate your lateral thinking. Keep Rocking!!

What lateral thinking????

Even i don't know if it is lateral thinking this is just a common sense. :woohoo: :woohoo:

At least for me and you, it IS common sense! :laugh: :laugh:

Yes I too don't understand that how a dip in dirty water can free us from sins? Anyhow it depends on individual thinking. But i am very depressed with the accidents occurring during this Kubha Mela due to heavy rush.

Yes such accidents happen very frequently in pilgrims even then the people or government don't take any preventive measures. May government also don't have measures to control such big crowd. :blink:
The Govt. tried their best to control but if the crowd will increase unlimited then what can Govt. do.After all they are also Human Being.

Sharmistha Banerjee
The Govt. tried their best to control but if the crowd will increase unlimited then what can Govt. do.After all they are also Human Being.

I agree they are also human beings but there are methods like they could have speculated the number of visitors as per the past trends and could have taken the safety measures. :blink:
No offense intended here or no intention of hurting anyone's religious feelings, But can anyone explain to me how a dip in the extremely dirty, gutter-like waters will cleanse anyone's sins??? :blink: :blink: :blink: Not to mention the thousands of people of all kinds of hygiene (unhygiene) dipping in them at the same time???

This is just a myth even I don't think its hygenic to take a bath in dirty water specially when there are millions of people out there just to have a dip. I remember recently I went to Ujjain city and Kshipra river which is also a holy river and people ask me to have a dip in the river :evil: I denied as water of the river was like a gutter. Though I took bath in Narmada river as water of the river was flowing and was lot more clean. :)

Good Explanation. I really appreciate your lateral thinking. Keep Rocking!!

What lateral thinking????

Even i don't know if it is lateral thinking this is just a common sense. :woohoo: :woohoo:

At least for me and you, it IS common sense! :laugh: :laugh:

Yes I too don't understand that how a dip in dirty water can free us from sins? Anyhow it depends on individual thinking. But i am very depressed with the accidents occurring during this Kubha Mela due to heavy rush.

Yes such accidents happen very frequently in pilgrims even then the people or government don't take any preventive measures. May government also don't have measures to control such big crowd. :blink:

Actually it is in the hands of public too. They can follow some rules to avoid accidents and should maintain queue system. I have seen in places like Tirumala people follow queue till they reach the main door (dwar) of the temple where the deity lies. After that no one can stop them in pushing one another. The strongest one can almost injure the weak one and go.
I don't think God won't run anywhere, so why people can wait some more time to see him. :angry: :huh: While seeing god the security guards just push you in such a way that you almost will reach the front door from where you got in... :woohoo: Lot of circus involved.. :P :)
It comes after twelve years . The places where the drops of the elixir from the Kumbh fell down this fair is celebrated that places . It is related to our religion.
It comes after twelve years . The places where the drops of the elixir from the Kumbh fell down this fair is celebrated that places . It is related to our religion.

Premlata you will notice that I have deleted your post below this one and I am sure you know why. Refrain from malpractices here for the sake of gaining points. You have been banned here once, I sincerely hope you take that as a lesson. Next time, the ban will be from the site, and for good, not temporary! So mind the rules here!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.