We call her Mother India. A survey conducted by 'Thomson Reuters Trust' reveals that India is at par with Afghanistan, Congo and Somalia as one of the world's most dangerous places for women.
National Crime records Bureau statistics showed that between 1953 and 2011 Rape was India's fastest growing crime.
This says volumes about our 'Good for nothing and ineffective laws'

Source: The New Sunday Express, 30 Dec,2012
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We call our country 'Mother India; because we are citizens of this country and we love it. If here are few bad characterless people that does not mean that the country has to blame for it. This is we who make it bad or good. Besides we do not have to go by people who have nothing to do with values but were criminals themselves until a couple of hundreds years before.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

In effect we have regressed as a nation in values and safety...We blame west for evils , so who do we blame now for the latest shame? I feel that the blame lies in the attitudes of the people and their way of upbringing and failing to instil the right values in children and the general double standards that are prevalent in our society

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

We call our country 'Mother India; because we are citizens of this country and we love it. If here are few bad characterless people that does not mean that the country has to blame for it. This is we who make it bad or good. Besides we do not have to go by people who have nothing to do with values but were criminals themselves until a couple of hundreds years before.

Issue is something different. By identifying a country with a woman and ravaging her dignity speaks of our Hypocrite character for which we are famous. We say something and do some other thing. One law for our daughter and another for our daughter -in - law. This is the crux of the thread
Thank you said by: Rajani K

Issue is something different. By identifying a country with a woman and ravaging her dignity speaks of our Hypocrite character for which we are famous. We say something and do some other thing. One law for our daughter and another for our daughter -in - law. This is the crux of the thread

I do see a change in most households as number of children down to one in most cases therefore they cannot differentiate much in between daughter and daughter-in-law but if there are 10 good people you would certainly find 1 bad also and that is every where else as well.

In effect we have regressed as a nation in values and safety...We blame west for evils , so who do we blame now for the latest shame? I feel that the blame lies in the attitudes of the people and their way of upbringing and failing to instil the right values in children and the general double standards that are prevalent in our society

A good question Usha Ji. Who do we blame now? As people all our values are confined to the Puranas. I agree with you. we are nation of double tongued people. we say one thing and do some other thing. There is a saying in Telugu. Its translation says, "Eye brows frown at you but the lips laugh at you". This is what exactly we are.

I do see a change in most households as number of children down to one in most cases therefore they cannot differentiate much in between daughter and daughter-in-law but if there are 10 good people you would certainly find 1 bad also and that is every where else as well.

I'm not saying about a stray case here and there. I wanted to see a drastic change at least 40% improvement.
This is really shameful for us I always thought Afghanistan to be the worst country in terms of safety for women but its really bad to know that we are almost equal to Afghanistan. I think we need a major change I don't know if this is going to be stopped till there are some harsh decisions to be taken by the law against the criminals. :blink:
This is really shameful for us I always thought Afghanistan to be the worst country in terms of safety for women but its really bad to know that we are almost equal to Afghanistan. I think we need a major change I don't know if this is going to be stopped till there are some harsh decisions to be taken by the law against the criminals. :blink:

We need sincere rulers Gupta Ji. Only people with heart can do good to the people. Not the present lot
We shall have to go all out to reach to that level but that is not possible with this set of politicians and bureaucratic system who are not willing to buzz fro thire stand with TALO OUR RAJ karo policy.

We need sincere rulers Gupta Ji. Only people with heart can do good to the people. Not the present lot

I recently heard a news that former president declined death sentence of 4 rapists in her rule but she says that it was ordered from home ministry. I think the top people are also puppets they don't take their decisions as per severity but try to take decisions so that they may again be elected by the people. I think there should be some one like ANIL KAPOOR who may amend the system like he did in the movie NAYAK. :blink:
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.