The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Indira Gandhi being the first woman leader of India was very courageous and paved the way for dynastic politics. She did make a great impact as a leader, but was also very controversial in many of her decisions especially declaring Emergency which is seen as a black mark till today and for which ( and blue star operation) her daughter in law Sonia Gandhi apologised sometime back when she was on the verge of contesting the assembly elections...however Indira Gandhi was a charismatic leader, no doubt about that !

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9245]}

I agree but the period during emergency was best period as far government work was concerned. Every thing happened according to rules. I am not talking about political scenario but work schedule related to public and government employees. Dot on time, no corruption.

that always happens , because people are working under fear.But her own idea was not to increase efficiency, more because she wanted no criticism and no opposition from any quarter...but it did work, which goes to show that Indians work only when there is fear of prosecution..food for thought ! :dry:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Indira Gandhi being the first woman leader of India was very courageous and paved the way for dynastic politics. She did make a great impact as a leader, but was also very controversial in many of her decisions especially declaring Emergency which is seen as a black mark till today and for which ( and blue star operation) her daughter in law Sonia Gandhi apologised sometime back when she was on the verge of contesting the assembly elections...however Indira Gandhi was a charismatic leader, no doubt about that !

I agree but the period during emergency was best period as far government work was concerned. Every thing happened according to rules. I am not talking about political scenario but work schedule related to public and government employees. Dot on time, no corruption.

that always happens , because people are working under fear.But her own idea was not to increase efficiency, more because she wanted no criticism and no opposition from any quarter...but it did work, which goes to show that Indians work only when there is fear of prosecution..food for thought ! :dry:

The problem is : Reality sucks...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Today id the 95th birthday of late Indira Gandhi. She was a great and a fighter to make a New India.
Remember her on this occasion.

Indira Gandhi, The former prime minister of India who is well known for her bravery & Decision making skills. I like to call her 'Iron Lady'. At present India needs that type of Prime Minister.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/

It does!, shows a bent of mind where we are not ready to shoulder responsibilities unless someone shows the stick, shows in everyday life too ,here there everywhere :dry:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

It does!, shows a bent of mind where we are not ready to shoulder responsibilities unless someone shows the stick, shows in everyday life too ,here there everywhere :dry:

Scare them, divide them or greed them and you are the king.. :) :) :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Scare them, divide them or greed them and you are the king.. :) :) :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

LOL, yes thats the only way I guess , at least as of now ... :dry:

LOL, yes thats the only way I guess , at least as of now ... :dry:

And still the best... No matter which era you live in..

For a country like India which is neither modern or traditional, which is neither educated or uneducated, which neither emancipated nor orthodox, Indira is needed
Today id the 95th birthday of late Indira Gandhi. She was a great and a fighter to make a New India.
Remember her on this occasion.

I prefer to call our former prime minister 'Indira Gandhi' as 'India Gandhi' She is such a brave lady India have ever seen.

Born to express, not to impress.
http://royalrobsideas.blogspot.in/
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.