Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is the translation of a famous song, ;Sab Kuch Seekha Hum Ne, Na Seekhi Hoshiari’ from the film Anari.
Shailendra known for his simple and satin smooth writings created a trend of his own brand of simplicity.
Who could have reduced the complex philosophical concepts in to such simple lines?
“sajan re jhooth mat bolo,
Khudaa ke paas jaanaa hai
na haathi hai naa ghodaa hai,
wahaan paidal hi jaanaa hai”
Sajan re jhoot mat bolo...
Sweetheart, don't tell lies
Because eventually, you'll have to show your face before God
There are no elephant or horse carriages up there
You can only walk there
Don't tell lies sweetheart....

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 9210]}

Shankar Jaikishen,Shailendra and Mukesh came up with many such magical songs , with many of them being picturiesd on Raj Kapoor...This song was from the film Teesri Kasam which had Raj Kapoor and Waheeda Rehman in the lead.
The lyrics are very beautiful and meaningful..

And Teesri kasam that won laurels and hearts failed to win Shailendra who produced the film his investment. Thus Teesri Kasam has proved to be the nemesis For Shailendra.
This is the translation of a famous song, ;Sab Kuch Seekha Hum Ne, Na Seekhi Hoshiari’ from the film Anari.
Shailendra known for his simple and satin smooth writings created a trend of his own brand of simplicity.
Who could have reduced the complex philosophical concepts in to such simple lines?
You can only walk there

Sir ji.. who cars about future.. No one gives a damn... about heaven or earth.. just accept it... its just created to put fear in hearts and mind... Very few take it along in their life.. rest moves... and they are called smart..

I'm afraid neither you nor Devyani could catch the essence of my thread.
The thread is about a great lyricist with immense skills to write even complex things in to a day to day language.
It's not a sermon advocating virtues of saying truth.

I agree. The contents in the thread clearly indicate that complex philosophical message is conveyed in very simple terms. This is a matter of appreciation.

A simpleton's mind was never deleneated as crisply as in the lines, 'Sab Kuch seekhi humne Na Seekhi Hoshiyaari.'
You can only walk there

Shankar Jaikishen,Shailendra and Mukesh came up with many such magical songs , with many of them being picturiesd on Raj Kapoor...This song was from the film Teesri Kasam which had Raj Kapoor and Waheeda Rehman in the lead.

And Teesri kasam that won laurels and hearts failed to win Shailendra who produced the film his investment. Thus Teesri Kasam has proved to be the nemesis For Shailendra.

Thats really sad because the film was one of the best films of Raj Kapoor..it was very well made and had some great songs in it..I think Shailendra also died soon after this tragedy..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

i know little about Shailender Kumar but I have heard this song many times and its nice song which tell us the reality and tell us not to have an affection with anyone as we alone have to go to God 's place. :)
i know little about Shailender Kumar but I have heard this song many times and its nice song which tell us the reality and tell us not to have an affection with anyone as we alone have to go to God 's place. :)

And to convey this complex thought, volumes were written . But Shailendra made it super simple in a few lines. There lies his greatness

And to convey this complex thought, volumes were written . But Shailendra made it super simple in a few lines. There lies his greatness

Oh yes this is reality which he had written in simple words but the irony is people don't understand these simple words too. :)

Oh yes this is reality which he had written in simple words but the irony is people don't understand these simple words too. :)

That shows our people's knowledge levels
You can only walk there

Thats really sad because the film was one of the best films of Raj Kapoor..it was very well made and had some great songs in it..I think Shailendra also died soon after this tragedy..

The film bombed at the box office and that was a death blow to poor shailendra. He became an alcoholic and the inevitable happened
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.