Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Do you think people see matrimonial in news paper these days? :blink:

I think No they don't they better go for various site available on net to find a match for their owns.But still not all rely on thees they still use traditional way to find partner.What do you say?. :)

Yes..a lot Sanjeev...
Daily, pages of matrimony are increasing. It shows its popularity.
Here matrimonials are added to Sunday newspapers. What about you?

Is it increasing?. I don't think so? :blink:

I never see anybody referring to it.May be they miss some details. :blink:

Here, online matrimonial is not as popular as brokers and newspaper matrimonial

Each Sunday supplement consists of at least 4-5 sheets full of matrimonies

Meera sandhu
The most preferred ways still are the traditional ways but the online matrimonial sites are gaining popularity as it allows interaction like we have on many social sites. I have not got a single person in my whole community who has taken the help of matrimonial site or newspapers for match making. :dry:

I have seen few people getting married through these sites but they did the formalities like we do in traditional arrange marriages. :)
I have very good experience with news paper matrimonial. I gave it in HT and TOI on one Sunday and received about 3000 responses with in 4-5 days. Most of them through email and telephonic calls. I settled the issue within 20 days.

When did you do that ? Is your wife a product of the newspaper advertisements? ;)

Hahaha...may be in his times there were no such matrimonial or if they exist too people never liked to find partner referring them. :laugh:

This was available even in my grandfather's time. Ask your father he must be knowing it better than you. :evil:

I asked it he said NO. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

May be in those days people did not know much about it. :laugh:

Yes this method was popular in cities mostly and educated people who used to read newspapers. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I have very good experience with news paper matrimonial. I gave it in HT and TOI on one Sunday and received about 3000 responses with in 4-5 days. Most of them through email and telephonic calls. I settled the issue within 20 days.

When did you do that ? Is your wife a product of the newspaper advertisements? ;)

Hahaha...may be in his times there were no such matrimonial or if they exist too people never liked to find partner referring them. :laugh:

This was available even in my grandfather's time. Ask your father he must be knowing it better than you. :evil:

Yes this method was popular in cities mostly and educated people who used to read newspapers. :evil: :evil: :evil:

What do you mean? :evil:

My father is living in Delhi since 1965 and was at good post in BSES. :)

I am sure he must be knowing it then, ask him. We are used to this system from olden days. All my father's sisters also married through matrimonial in newspaper because they were all highly educated and to find suitable match this is must to have a good selection system..

I am sure he must be knowing it then, ask him. We are used to this system from olden days. All my fathers sisters also married through matrimonial in newspaper because they were all highly educated and to find suitable match this is must to have a good selection system..

That may be the reason then as people who are highly educated don't get match easily so its better to give an add in the newspaper or on the site to find a suitable partner. :blink:

May be it was available in old days too but my father or anyone else in my family never got difficulty to find the match through traditional ways so he may not be knowing it. :)

I am sure he must be knowing it then, ask him. We are used to this system from olden days. All my father's sisters also married through matrimonial in newspaper because they were all highly educated and to find suitable match this is must to have a good selection system..

That may be the reason then as people who are highly educated don't get match easily so its better to give an add in the newspaper or on the site to find a suitable partner. :blink:

May be it was available in old days too but my father or anyone else in my family never got difficulty to find the match through traditional ways so he may not be knowing it. :)

Yes that could be the reason, most of my aunts are settled in distant areas, some of them are settled in other countries.

Now internet has replaced newspaper matrimonial column to a great extent. But traditional way is still popular with many. Usually, people find matches in social gathering. Now there is also a system of meet by various communities where prospective youth may find match.

Even marriage brokers play a role in arranging matches. I remember a slogan on walls near railway lines- Dulhan vohi jo pathakji dilvayen (Bride is that decided by Pathakji)

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Now internet has replaced newspaper matrimonial column to a great extent. But traditional way is still popular with many. Usually, people find matches in social gathering. Now there is also a system of meet by various communities where prospective youth may find match.

Even marriage brokers play a role in arranging matches. I remember a slogan on walls near railway lines- Dulhan vohi jo pathakji dilvayen (Bride is that decided by Pathakji)

The community gatherings are gaining popularity too. A platform for the people to interact with each other face to face.

Live in the present :)

Exactly even I think so. :)

I rarely see people getting married through these sites they normally prefer traditional way of social gatherings. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.