Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Its human tendency to favour people whom we know I would do the same but when the decision has to be taken by a judge or decision may have a greater impact I won't be biased. As far as Online forum is concerned every where rules are there and big bosses should follow them also there should be someone above them too who can check their decisions. :)

There is always a some one above every one and then your own conscious is above all that should tell you to be on the right side of the road to avoid a crash. :)

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

There is an oath that every one takes on appointment to any posts with government and judiciary. This is that he will perform his job 'without fear or favor, affection or ill will.'

Where the judgment or decision is discretionary and not very rigidly limited by rules, the authority may decide any way as he feels just and proper. No doubt, his personal views will affect the decision. But as long as his own persona interests or family interests are not affected and he has neither friendship nor enmity with any party to decision, he is unbiased. Discretion and persona view is unavoidable. If this were no so, decisions could be computer generated without need of any judgment by human.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Its human tendency to favour people whom we know I would do the same but when the decision has to be taken by a judge or decision may have a greater impact I won't be biased. As far as Online forum is concerned every where rules are there and big bosses should follow them also there should be someone above them too who can check their decisions. :)

There is always a some one above every one and then your own conscious is above all that should tell you to be on the right side of the road to avoid a crash. :)

Exactly ! But at times even our conscience gets blinded when you are cornered or are left with no choice.It becomes very difficult for a person to stick to his or her principles unless the person is mentally very strong , may be even rigid !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There is an oath that every one takes on appointment to any posts with government and judiciary. This is that he will perform his job 'without fear or favor, affection or ill will.'

Where the judgment or decision is discretionary and not very rigidly limited by rules, the authority may decide any way as he feels just and proper. No doubt, his personal views will affect the decision. But as long as his own persona interests or family interests are not affected and he has neither friendship nor enmity with any party to decision, he is unbiased. Discretion and persona view is unavoidable. If this were no so, decisions could be computer generated without need of any judgment by human.

Thats true ! A certain amount of personal prejudices and choices are bound to affect anyone while making judgments or taking major decisions in life .I guess it happens with most ordinary people but people in power are bound to consider every aspect before giving a judgment ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

As a matter of fact this should be according to rules and regulations in all cases but I must agree with you that practically this is not so in some cases because even if I do not use strong word like prejudiced, a judge is only a human and has his own ways of thinking. I agree that a man should forget his personal views/thinking while taking a decision but this is not so otherwise there was no need of higher courts and benches consisting of additional number of judges. This is true for every field but that changes gradually with time or getting better with experience.

There is a saying that rules are meant to be broken and many will take comfort from that fact....When it is a matter of personal gain or loss an individual is bound to think differently and look after his/her interest first, no matter what position he or she is in..

I am feeling bad but that is true. I have seen people changed too fast when they get power in hands however small or big. People shouting law and rules at a drop of a hat would act differently. But that is life for you, take it or leave it. I would rather leave it any day, what is not good for me is not good for others as well. Justice should not only be done but it should look like being done.

But what to do when some people have different parameters set for themselves and for others I have seen people who would say it bad when others do it and its fine when they do it. :evil:

Double standards in life is something that has becomes almost accepted in our society.You have one rule for yourself and your close ones another rule for others, that's why I started this discussion.Most expect fairness from others but when it comes to their own judgment one can never be sure...

Yes it happens with everyone they expect some lesser punishment for mistakes if they do it them selves and that punishment becomes bigger when some else does it.I have seen my boss doing it he takes favour of people who are close to him and don't care of the people who are not. :evil:
As a matter of fact this should be according to rules and regulations in all cases but I must agree with you that practically this is not so in some cases because even if I do not use strong word like prejudiced, a judge is only a human and has his own ways of thinking. I agree that a man should forget his personal views/thinking while taking a decision but this is not so otherwise there was no need of higher courts and benches consisting of additional number of judges. This is true for every field but that changes gradually with time or getting better with experience.

There is a saying that rules are meant to be broken and many will take comfort from that fact....When it is a matter of personal gain or loss an individual is bound to think differently and look after his/her interest first, no matter what position he or she is in..

I am feeling bad but that is true. I have seen people changed too fast when they get power in hands however small or big. People shouting law and rules at a drop of a hat would act differently. But that is life for you, take it or leave it. I would rather leave it any day, what is not good for me is not good for others as well. Justice should not only be done but it should look like being done.

But what to do when some people have different parameters set for themselves and for others I have seen people who would say it bad when others do it and its fine when they do it. :evil:

Double standards in life is something that has becomes almost accepted in our society.You have one rule for yourself and your close ones another rule for others, that's why I started this discussion.Most expect fairness from others but when it comes to their own judgment one can never be sure...

Yes it happens with everyone they expect some lesser punishment for mistakes if they do it them selves and that punishment becomes bigger when some else does it.I have seen my boss doing it he takes favour of people who are close to him and don't care of the people who are not. :evil:

That happens all the time Sanjeev, it is better to be thick skinned at times and concentrate on your performance, at least then he cannot complain and you also have no time to bother about his partiality...But this is something we get to see in every walk of life, some times people blindly do it without giving a thought, just because they favor a person..

Thank you said by: Sanjeev Gupta

That happens all the time Sanjeev, it is better to be thick skinned at times and concentrate on your performance, at least then he cannot complain and you also have no time to bother about his partiality...But this is something we get to see in every walk of life, some times people blindly do it without giving a thought, just because they favor a person..

People who like flattery and cannot stick to rules should not talk of rule, I would never support a guy who talks double standards.

People who like flattery and cannot stick to rules should not talk of rule, I would never support a guy who talks double standards.

Thats good, from my experience most people come under that category, they like to use their position and shoe favors to those who they like...here again they may be doing that for some favors of their own , even flattery, got by those people to whom they show favors..

Thats good, from my experience most people come under that category, they like to use their position and shoe favors to those who they like...here again they may be doing that for some favors of their own , even flattery, got by those people to whom they show favors..

Who knows some of them do it under pressure because they are too afraid going against them. Some times they simply be part of them to make opposition look down, I am not in favor of such things not from matured people at least.

Who knows some of them do it under pressure because they are too afraid going against them. Some times they simply be part of them to make opposition look down, I am not in favor of such things not from matured people at least.

If you fear or favor, have affection and ill will, you are biased. Unbiased means absence of any affection, ill will, fear or favor. This is in fact part of oath taken by any one joining a post under government.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.