I got this idea from one of the most recent responses of Gulshanji in another thread.
If we fear a person, can we love or respect him?? It's true, we can act as if we are respecting him. For eg. Well disciplined head master of our school. We may show respect in fear. Yet, we may not respect him in our inner mind.
One more question, can we respect a person without love or admiration in heart? :sick: :sick:

Meera sandhu
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Fear can make you respect your elders but their will be no love/admiration in such relationship. That' s what I think.
Fear and respect are not contradictory as love and hate are. A son may fear his father and student fear his teacher. Despite such fear, respect is genuine. The elders are still ideal. But if an elder's conduct is bad, you may not respect him. For example, if a student sees his teacher smoking, he will lose respect. But if his conduct is good but he is very strict, the student will fear as well as respect. This is true about other relations as well..

The strict headmaster will be feared but if his conduct is ideal and he manages the institution well and is honest and does not do anything wrong like compelling private tuition or exploiting any way, he will be respected in spite of fear.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

If we fear a person we may or may not love or respect if. It can be both ways. I will quote an example here. A girl fears her father who is strict regarding discipline but is a gentleman and she has a lot of respect and admiration for her father. Take for instance another girl whose father is an alcoholic and she fears him because he may loose his calm and may abuse or beat her up. The second girl also fears her father but sans the respect and love.

And I don't think we can love a person without love and admiration in heart because you love a person because you admire him/her.

Live in the present :)
Yes Asha,what you told is absolutely right.
How can we love a person without admiration? It's true, admiration is another face of love and true appreciation.

Meera sandhu
Fear should be there in heart whom we loves or who are very close to our heart.But we should respect those people whom we fear.Because if their is love their must be some fear.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.