Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Keeping away from Parliament is not at all a sensible way to expose the government and its head. Resignation was the course preferred by morally sensitive politicians and ministers of early decades. I came to know that Lal Bahadur Shastri resigned as Railways Minister on a mishap issue. But these days not too many ministers are there with such moral sensibilities!!

Lal Bahadur Shastri was a very rare total honest and responsible politician. Leaders like Shastri , Gulzari Lal Nanda are unthinkable these days. Some time back, Ex. Punjab C.M. Comrade Ram Prakash was seen standing in local bus queue at Delhi by noted author Khushwant singh.

Lal Bahudur Shastri resigned as Railway Minister owning responsibility for a rail accident.

In those days, Congress was in absolute majority and hence nobody in opposition could muster strength to call for their resignation. Those days even opposition role was played by ruling party members.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

C & AG is no doubt an independent authority and has a significant role to play. But the C&AG must ensure that his officers do not indulge in any undue contact with politicians particularly in connection with their job. It is not good on part of C&AG organization to consult political leaders before submitting their report. It is reported that an officer of C&AG met Mr Murli Manohar Joshi BJP leader before finalizing report on 2G scam. This is a matter of concern. This justifies criticism of C&AG report by ruling alliance.

I don't think that resignation of PM would end such stories. They are adicted with corruption. One will resign, other would start. They have 101 ways of committing such sins.

I agree. There can never be an end. There has been corruption- less or more always. There have been many scandals. I remember one 'Mundhra scandal' which was probably in sixties. Now corruption appears more because of more possibilities in view of advancement in telecommunication and other sectors. Also the amount involved is more in view of inflation. Rsl one lakh is fifties is more than one crore at today prices. We ignore this fact while viewing size of amount in scams.

Here the issue is of C & G report. The government does not agree with the report. So, there is need to debate. But the opposition insists on PM's resignation and wants no debate.

Hari Das Mundhra, whose famous quote i still remember. "I used the in between lines of the law."
I don't think that resignation of PM would end such stories. They are adicted with corruption. One will resign, other would start. They have 101 ways of committing such sins.

I agree. There can never be an end. There has been corruption- less or more always. There have been many scandals. I remember one 'Mundhra scandal' which was probably in sixties. Now corruption appears more because of more possibilities in view of advancement in telecommunication and other sectors. Also the amount involved is more in view of inflation. Rsl one lakh is fifties is more than one crore at today prices. We ignore this fact while viewing size of amount in scams.

Here the issue is of C & G report. The government does not agree with the report. So, there is need to debate. But the opposition insists on PM's resignation and wants no debate.

It has become a fashion to say , " It's an opposition distortion." Opposition's demand for the resignation of the PM can;t be set aside.

It has become a fashion to say , " It's an opposition distortion." Opposition's demand for the resignation of the PM can;t be set aside.

Not fashion. Now the liaison between C&AG officer and BJP leader has come to fore. Congress leadership is justified in criticism. Please see my last post above.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.