Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I feel that our country is the worst when it comes to taking care or making things easy for old people or the disabled. I see banks being situated on the second floor of a building with no lift facilities,post offices the same...It is the same with other things ! Bus drivers are seen driving off even before the old and the inform people have a chance to get off, they have either not been trained or told that older people need more time since they are weaker or simply dont care.In fact I see others making fun of them because their movements are slower, what kind of an attitude is that ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I feel that our country is the worst when it comes to taking care or making things easy for old people or the disabled. I see banks being situated on the second floor of a building with no lift facilities,post offices the same...It is the same with other things ! Bus drivers are seen driving off even before the old and the inform people have a chance to get off, they have either not been trained or told that older people need more time since they are weaker or simply dont care.In fact I see others making fun of them because their movements are slower, what kind of an attitude is that ?

No usha i still feel our country is far much better. There are still many families who take care of old parents and ready to sacrifice their life for them. I have seen so many foreigners just coming to india because they are left with no one who cares about them...

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in

The worst attitude I have seen inside the bus is when a man offers his seat to the young ladies but completely ignores the old people who cannot even stand properly

The worst attitude I have seen inside the bus is when a man offers his seat to the young ladies but completely ignores the old people who cannot even stand properly

There are cases like you have stated but in our area we prefer to offer our seats to elders especially, older ladies. You see they cannot control themselves in a jerking bus or train.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

No usha i still feel our country is far much better. There are still many families who take care of old parents and ready to sacrifice their life for them. I have seen so many foreigners just coming to india because they are left with no one who cares about them...

May be , but most of the times it does not extend beyond ones own home and family.People simply ignore others who are in need and also when you are actually in a position to offer help. I see many old house maids under paid , given stale food - thats inhuman.Talking about foreign countries they have a far better record of human rights and there it is an accepted norm that people live independently after they become majors..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

May be , but most of the times it does not extend beyond ones own home and family.People simply ignore others who are in need and also when you are actually in a position to offer help. I see many old house maids under paid , given stale food - thats inhuman.Talking about foreign countries they have a far better record of human rights and there it is an accepted norm that people live independently after they become majors..

There are reasons for differences-
1 they are not as crowded any where so that they have to vacate their seats for any one
2- They do not have much of house help to give them old food
3- they are used to so much of human rights -curtsy their governments that they feel it mandatory to keep it in practice.
4- Besides their upbringing, education and satisfaction level makes them better as you must have seen in upper middle class and upper class in our own country as well.
You can't expect a poor guy share his limited means with others or do free social service at his own cost. I hope I did not sound a bit bitter.

1 they are not as crowded any where so that they have to vacate their seats for any one
3- they are used to so much of human rights -curtsy their governments that they feel it mandatory to keep it in practice.
4- Besides their upbringing, education and satisfaction level makes them better as you must have seen in upper middle class and upper class in our own country as well.
You can't expect a poor guy share his limited means with others or do free social service at his own cost. I hope I did not sound a bit bitter.

On the other hand sunil, I have noticed that the poor are ready to share whatever little they have, I can recount many such experiences which I have encountered while I went on census rounds.They offer to feed you and are normally very polite.But the uneducated rich upper middle class or the half educated upper middle class is the worst because they dont know where to place themselves...

On the other hand sunil, I have noticed that the poor are ready to share whatever little they have, I can recount many such experiences which I have encountered while I went on census rounds.They offer to feed you and are normally very polite.But the uneducated rich upper middle class or the half educated upper middle class is the worst because they dont know where to place themselves...

You know I had this as my favorite subject 'the human behavior' I know and can describe it in detail and I am going to make it subject of my next article. There are many hidden reasons behind change in behavior while they do not have to part with any thing for long term. Short term, yes, they tend to behave well. As far the category the neo-rich, the lesser written the better.

You know I had this as my favorite subject 'the human behavior' I know and can describe it in detail and I am going to make it subject of my next article. There are many hidden reasons behind change in behavior while they do not have to part with any thing for long term. Short term, yes, they tend to behave well. As far the category the neo-rich, the lesser written the better.

Well i would say that is in our daily behavoiur now. we are mean and self centered. So not only old we treat everyone the same and its a sad situation.. :( :(

Life is a box of Chocolate, You never know what you gonna get.... :)
www.InstantKhichri.blogspot.in
Yes If I get the seat in bus And when i found that nay old lady or even the old person were standing i just offer them my seat.this is a respect shown towards them.even if we are unknown to them.Sometime I also leave the seat to those ladies who carry their small child in their arm.

Sharmistha Banerjee
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.