Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
There is no need for new law. When a husband deserts his wife for his own fault, wife can still claim compensation. Husband's wealth, income, living standard etc all are considered by court while granting periodical or lump sum compensation to the woman

Yes you are right.There are already a law regarding this for compensation.

Is there one Ram? I am not sure about that, are you referring to the maintenance or compensation? if so in what respect is that helpful to the women ?Please ad some more details here !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

There is no need for new law. When a husband deserts his wife for his own fault, wife can still claim compensation. Husband's wealth, income, living standard etc all are considered by court while granting periodical or lump sum compensation to the woman

Yes you are right.There are already a law regarding this for compensation.

Is there one Ram? I am not sure about that, are you referring to the maintenance or compensation? if so in what respect is that helpful to the women ?Please ad some more details here !

The compensation is given in lump sum or monthly installments. The quantum of compensation of alimony is decided taking in consideration pecuniary circumstances of husband as well as wife and living standard used to. It is necessary to consult an advocate specializing in family matters. There are separate family courts for such cases.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I guess if the courts are fair, that should take care of the rights of a deserted woman otherwise most of them are thrown literally on the streets with no money or shelter while the husband walks away with everything that she has worked for...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I guess if the courts are fair, that should take care of the rights of a deserted woman otherwise most of them are thrown literally on the streets with no money or shelter while the husband walks away with everything that she has worked for...

It is said that law is blind. Unless a woman can present her case properly to satisfaction of court, she cannot win. That is why it is necessary to engage a good advocate.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Actually, in Maharashtra every couple buying a new flat or real estate property, it is mandatory that the legal registration bear both the husband and wife's name and carry their signatures so it is entitled to both. This has been implemented since last 4 years, maybe before, but I am aware of it only since last four years. I think it is a quite fair proposition for women's security.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

It is said that law is blind. Unless a woman can present her case properly to satisfaction of court, she cannot win. That is why it is necessary to engage a good advocate.

That is true ! The problem with most women who walk out of a marriage is that they are broke with no means and engaging a lawyer is not easy since the good ones are expensive....That's how they agree for a compromise and take what is offered which is normally a pitiable amount !

Actually, in Maharashtra every couple buying a new flat or real estate property, it is mandatory that the legal registration bear both the husband and wife's name and carry their signatures so it is entitled to both. This has been implemented since last 4 years, maybe before, but I am aware of it only since last four years. I think it is a quite fair proposition for women's security.

I dint know this Kalyani, it is really a progressive step like they have in most western countries.I wonder if other states in India have this, not here in Karnataka , that I know...It is definitely a very fair proposition for both since they already know what they are getting into , what the implications are , and will not register unless they are sure !

I dint know this Kalyani, it is really a progressive step like they have in most western countries.I wonder if other states in India have this, not here in Karnataka , that I know...It is definitely a very fair proposition for both since they already know what they are getting into , what the implications are , and will not register unless they are sure !

Yes, it is progressive and very much fair to many women. There are too many instances of wives being left high and dry with nothing given to them after getting out of failed and abusive marriages. So this is a welcome move for many!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Yes, it is progressive and very much fair to many women. There are too many instances of wives being left high and dry with nothing given to them after getting out of failed and abusive marriages. So this is a welcome move for many!

I came across this article which throws some light on the recent developments regarding the property rights issue pertaining to India,,

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1120324/jsp/frontpage/story_15289659.jsp#.UCZHs6EgdjY

The latest news on this issue...Now there seems to be doubt whether the law is woman friendly ? can that ever happen ?in India ? :dry: :blink:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/markets/real-estate/realty-trends/womans-share-in-marital-property-is-the-law-women-friendly-and-men-un-friendly/articleshow/16125718.cms

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.