who brought salwar and kurtha into India? :blink: :blink: :blink:
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I don't know who brought it but i guess the trend started with the Mughals. :blink:
I think this trend was started by a Pathan's or punjabi womens.
I think this trend was started by a Pathan's or punjabi womens.

Pathans never came to India. :blink:

it was Mughals who ruled India for so many years. :)
i think this trend has been came to india by Pakistanis & Punjabi's. generally Pakistanis pants are like salwar pants only. :huh: :huh:

Vinu
Salwar Kurta is Punjabi dress. Now, this is popular in entire country.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

i guess it has been brought by punjabis..

a.s.
so, majority of votes goes to punjab. Now hepsiba needs to answer. :cheer: :cheer:

Vinu
hepsiba all of us are waiting for your answer eagarly please give you answer

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

I also think the same way. Both Sari and Churidaars are Indian dresses. Churidaar Kammeez belongs to North Indians, no doubt. While I was studying PDC in my college, I could see all 'didis' of final year wearing sarees only. i.e Before 15 years, no girl in Kerala wear churidars, midis etc once she reach 20. I also thought, I also have to leave my churidaars within 3-4 years which I just can't imagine at that time!!! Suddenly I could see change in trends and now, even ladies +45 are wearing Churidaars. Am sure, when I become 45, still I may be using salwar kameez. Isn't it?

Meera sandhu
I also think the same way. Both Sari and Churidaars are Indian dresses. Churidaar Kammeez belongs to North Indians, no doubt. While I was studying PDC in my college, I could see all 'didis' of final year wearing sarees only. i.e Before 15 years, no girl in Kerala wear churidars, midis etc once she reach 20. I also thought, I also have to leave my churidaars within 3-4 years which I just can't imagine at that time!!! Suddenly I could see change in trends and now, even ladies +45 are wearing Churidaars. Am sure, when I become 45, still I may be using salwar kameez. Isn't it?

so this time you dont wear salwar kameez only sarees?? :unsure: :unsure:

a.s.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.