Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I am citing the records of leftists in India. Sarala Maheshwari who was the left memeber of Rajya Sabha, her husband made crores at the cost of poor! Some of other members live in palatial houses,travel in swanky cars are all Marxists!!

I had seen news of Sarla Maheswhwari long ago. I do not know whether she is from West Bengal. But as Maheshwari, she should be a Bania and belong to business community. Her husband may also be a businessman. We have many Maheshwaris in Agra and I am under the impression that they are 'Vaishya' and businessmen. Sarla Maheshwari may be Marxist but not necessarily her husband. If her husband independently earned any money, may be crores or even more without involvement of his wife, C.P.I.(M) or leftists have nothing to do. Similarly. Jyoti Basu's son is a businessman operating in Britain. Once Jyoti Basu remarked "Chandan need not inherit his father's Marxism'. Indeed, this is not so. Otherwise, Chandan Basu would be aspiring to be West Bengal C.M. like his counterparts-
Akhilesh yadav, Rahul Gandhi, Stalin S/O Karunanidhi etc.

It goes to credit of Left and Marxist that there is no system of inheritance in their organization as in several parties including Congress, Samajvadi Party. Rahul Gandhi has legacy of Gandhi Nehru family. Akhilesh Yadav has legacy of Mulayam singh. There is no such things with Marxists.

I also appreciate that Mamata Banerjee stands on her own. Neither she owes her stature to any of her relatives nor she is promoting or protecting any.

Even CPM party has not taken such a liberal view of Mrs.Maheshwari's conduct. As for Chandan I don't think you are very well-informed. The case of Maheshwari is still under investigation and how her husband made extensive use of her influence in the party to acquire land is known to all, even the party is now ruing having fielded her. Chandan may not have inherited Chief Ministership but made himself a very questionable character with his father looking the other way, his business association with some corrupt groups, acting as intermediary between them and his father's Marxist in West Bengal made great press copies!
The fraud the Marxist perperated on West Bengal was worse than inheritance. Now we have news on scams being exposed on daily basis.

Sarala Maheswari is not so well known. Sarala Maheswari and chandan Basu maight have been involved in irregularities but these are not so known. I wonder why their deeds are not so much in lime light in national press or TV as is the case with several others in Congress, BJP and other regional organizations. This indicates that either there is nothing substantial against them or may be that is too less in comparison to others.

So the gravity or enormity of cases should be judged on how national press react to them! There are scores of cases of scams which national insensitively ignores! I leave it to readers to form a rational stand on it!

National Press is definitely no Pro Left. If there are any really grave cases against left, these would not escape. Some cases about left leaders in Kerala were highlighted but there is nothing about Bengal. We have no means to know any irregularities except through press. Cases against Mayavati, Ex C.M., Mulayam Singh, Samajvadi party chief, Lalu Yadav of Bihar, Jay Lalitha, karunanidhi etc were well highlighted by media. There is no reason why press and media would spare the Left in Bengal.

Yes,it spared the Left and has produced hallucinations in some minds!

Did you ever know that Mr. Bhuddhadev Bhattacherjee once called Joyti Basu's government a government of chors 'thieves' and was unceremoniously show nthe door?

Did you know Late Nripen Chakaravarty the incorruptably honest Marxist was thrown out of the party for raising questions - not so comforable- on Chandan issue ?

Did you know late Benoy Chowdhury another honest veteran called Jyoti Basu's government a government ran by contractors and was publicly humiliated ??

Did you know veteran RSP leader late Jain Chakraborty asked searching question on corruption of Chandan in Bengal Lamp case and he too met a fate similar fate!!

Facts are indeed,stranger than fictions!!

The national media spared the left and thus kept many Indians- at least those in North India- in dark. Thanks for this enlightening. However, these are all statements by politicians. are these backed by concrete allegations in court of law as usually happens with others e.g. fodder scam of lalu yadav, criminal cases against Maya Vati etc. The media and press spared the left. It appears that the politicians and others also spared them by not lodging any cases or filing FIR.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Cases are being investigated and I am sure you would hear a lot about them in the years to come. Some cases are already before the court. Don't foget that they were in power for 34 uninterrupted years!
Now Dada Lakhkhan seth on head line. CBI has arrested him in Nandigram issue.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Cases are being investigated and I am sure you would hear a lot about them in the years to come. Some cases are already before the court. Don't foget that they were in power for 34 uninterrupted years!

Let us hope that some tangible results may come. But I wonder what the congress as opposition was doing in 34 years. It is said that Soviet Union and china functioned behind iron curtain. I wonder how the Left in Bengal could operate from 'Iron curtain' in a parliamentary democracy.

Yes they talk about poverty only as they are also under poverty so they are launching several programs for money.

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

We should not expect our politicians to be poor. They cannot be like freedom fighters of pre-independence era. Now politics is also a career. But everyone, politicians included, should abide by the law and do his best.

Let us hope that some tangible results may come. But I wonder what the congress as opposition was doing in 34 years. It is said that Soviet Union and china functioned behind iron curtain. I wonder how the Left in Bengal could operate from 'Iron curtain' in a parliamentary democracy.

Now the curtain is up - they annihilated opposition with human skeletons being unearthed in different parts of the state!
Politicians talk about poverty and poor people to attract poor people and get their votes

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Yes politicians want the votes of poor to become them rich. B) B)

Earn money just for joining in this site.

http://www.money-friends.net/users/profile/en/155119.html

Yes politicians want the votes of poor to become them rich. B) B)

Our political system is based on votes. Rich and poor all have voting power. So, all candidates need approach every one for votes. This is okay. We need neither grudge why a politician is rich nor why they seek votes. Only when they indulge in corruption and unlawful activities that we may protest. Lamenting all the time about politicians wealth and poverty in the country leads nowhere.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.