A word of warm and sincere praise is admiration and flattery? What is your definition of it?
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The difference between flattery and admiration is I think, Sincerity! A flattery can be, or is usually insincere with the intent of some gain, whereas admiration is pure and sincere without any gains!
13_1_230_2011-12-24.gif (You do not have access to download this file.)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

{CJATTACHMENT ["id": 4398]}
You brought out the nuances between the two perfectly!!
Undeserved admiration and that out of context is flattery. Generally, we admire in absence and flatter in presence of concerned person.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

sincere praise is admiration an we all know in our minds whether the praise is sincere and we actual deserve.
Admiration is which does not expect in return but flattery is a thing which expects some thing from others

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Great explanations coming from members! Thanks Gulshanji,for sharing this insight!
Amdmiration is a serious thing which comes from heart and flattery is a thing which comes from the greedy feeling to get something from others so they do drama by flattering

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

It can be both. Usually, for flattering we may require a lot of sentences to be made fit into the situation. But for true admiration, even just a word can reach the other person's heart at the bottom, because true words are born from the bottom of our heart and it can travel more distance with full magnitude.

Meera sandhu
Admiration is a quality which is genuinely present in an individual.....however flattery is something which is not possessed by any individual but still you talk about it.....

smriti
Very good explanation from our friends for admiration and Flattery. Thanks for kalyani mam and gulshan ji for sharing this.

Vinu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.