Shah Rukh Khan's film 'My name is Khan' is being screened since yesterday. Security arrangements involving heavy expenses and tension had to be made because of opposition of some groups. The film had already been passed by censor and screening allowed. Is it lawful or correct for anybody to protest or make violence when a film is exhibited after due certification by censor board. Can any organization assume responsibility for censorship or attempt to stop screening for other reasons? :angry:

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Shiv Sena's strong-arm and extra-constitutional methods of operation has been the topic of discussion for the press and electronic media and the sane voice of the country is raised against it with great success as the reports indicate. The film had a gala opening all over the country, even people of Mumbai and Maharastra have come out in great numbers to reject Shiv Sena's call. But the million dollar question is : Will Shiv Sena learn the lesson?
Will we learn a lesson ever....

First thing, The Ban was not for Movie, it was for SRK.
Now, do you think there was no fault of SRK in it?

We look the incident from one side..
The whole issue was started by him. Why do we need to include & play with Pakistani players or invite them to India?
Havn't we shown enough brotherhood with them before, but what did we received in back??
Terrorist attacks & wars..

[quote]Partition of India was what Pakistan wanted and got. It was painful to millions but many more millions in present India have been spared. Since then Pakistan has offered us only hatred. It has imposed on us three major wars, the Kargil insurgency, the Kashmir conflict, the series of serial blasts, the routine violation of border ceasefires, attacks on the Parliament House and the recent Mumbai 26/11attack.

We extend our hands repeatedly to promote friendship and amity; they give us ISI, Lashkar, Harkat, Kashmir, Kargil and 26/11 in exchange.

One cannot forget when Vajpayee was extending his hand for
peace Musharraf was planning the Kargil insurgency. [/quote]

Can we face the families of the victims of Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus or the martyrs of the Kargil war and try to explain to them that "They are good neighbours. Let us love each other."

[quote]Mohammad Afzal, also known as Afzal Guru, was convicted of conspiracy in the December 2001 attack on the Indian Parliament and was sentenced to death by the Supreme Court of India in 2004. The sentence was scheduled to be carried out on 20 October 2006. Afzal was given a stay of execution and remains on death row.[/quote]
Dont you think this should be hatted more..

[quote]Maharashtra government spends 31 crore for Kasab.[/quote]
What about this??

I just wanted to say that the Issue was correct, but we love SRK more than our country, or hate Shiv Sena more than Pakistan.

Think of those who lost there family members in all those attacks. What does it feel to them when we say love Pakistan and Pakistanis.

Our Gandhi said, if someone slaps you on one cheek pls offer your other cheek also for slapping...
Does this mean After 26/11 we should invite them for 11/26 ???

Download latest movies
With low size
High Quality
BMovies.page.tl
You are mixing up two issues very dangerously! My post has nothing to do with any love for SRK or Pakistan. I request you to go through my post once again. India fought three wars against Pakistan and if need be,it would be fighting many more. We need not take lessons from Shiv Sena how to be patriots. Catering to crude emotions does not make sound logic!!
But the whole issue revolves around SRKs statement.
Shiv Sena opposed it & wanted SRK to apologize for that to whole nation.
Which he didn't. & thats why this whole RADA

My reply was for both the above post..

Lets say Sena is wrong.. But then SRK could have stopped this.. but for publicity he didn't.
He, might be unintentionally have hurt feelings of many Indians. So he could have apologized for that & the whole mater could have been solved.

It was a cheap publicity done by Both the Parties..

Download latest movies
With low size
High Quality
BMovies.page.tl
I am not holding any brief for SRK.My whole reaction was to the methods employed by Shiv Sena to make him apologize. Even if I accept that he did something wrong,is it the way in a democratic polity and a civilized society? There are enough laws to make a person accountable for his conduct in this country.Every person in this country has a fundmental right to free speech and if someone forces me at gun point to mortgage my right to him or his party, I am not going to take it lying down!
The method was definitely wrong.. but it was a reaction for the action initiated by srk.
Now if the action is wrong, it(actor) should be held more responsible.

Havn't they(Sena) given any warning to him, what It were some where around a week that they were giving the warnings..

So what else could be done..

&&&
IF [quote]There are enough laws to make a person accountable for his conduct in this country[/quote] Then It will take care of what happened.

Download latest movies
With low size
High Quality
BMovies.page.tl
Thanks Amit for sharing your thoughts! I hope it is resolved sooner than later as you too must be hoping.
Yes..
I think its already sorted...
Most of the movie theaters are running Housefull

Download latest movies
With low size
High Quality
BMovies.page.tl
My name is Khan is screening and will be screened. There is no problem in the film. Moreover there is an independent body to sensor whether a film is screen-able or not. Let them perform their duty.
It is a saying- Give even devil his due- Even if shah rukh Khan is wrong somewhere, there is nothing wrong with the film 'My name is Khan'. The film was duly passed by censor. as film is work of numerous artists. there is no justification in stopping screening of a film due to mistake of one actor in the film. There is no substitute for rule of law. whatever be personal opinion, we should abide by law.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.