Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
[quote]Kalyani,

Thanks for your inputs. There needs to be some technical things involved in setting up such things and any technical support will not come cheap. So it would take some time. I will make sure most, if not all, suggestions implemented. [/quote]

Thanks Maverick, I know these inputs all require money resources, but I hope that they can be worked out as soon as possible. :)

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

When some threads of months back are seen feel very irritated.But what can do?

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com

We have to be accommodating to new members who may not write posts of good quality. They will learn with experience. But they are expected to show same care in writing posts as they do in examination hall. The posts are read even by non members and so, we should not do anything that could spoil image of site.

No one should hasten to write. First understand the topic, then gather necessary data or information and thereafter write the post. If this much is done, there will be ample improvement.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]Abid Areacode wrote:

We have to be accommodating to new members who may not write posts of good quality. They will learn with experience. But they are expected to show same care in writing posts as they do in examination hall. The posts are read even by non members and so, we should not do anything that could spoil image of site.

No one should hasten to write. First understand the topic, then gather necessary data or information and thereafter write the post. If this much is done, there will be ample improvement. [/quote]

You are right Gulshan, but unfortunately most of such posts are written only to score points and not to learn and improve their own knowledge. This type of attitude is what creates qualitative problems.

Yes, I agree with kalyani. Now a days forumpostng has become boring. From fewdays again some interesting forums have been created.

I feel that admin should keep a rule that the forum post should be at least 3 lines.then there may be some quality in forums

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions and thoughts you have shared! Now I would ask members to collectively think on the linkage between the falling standards and falling revenues of boddunan. When I joined this site had a membership figure of around 4000 which has just doubled roughly in a span of two years. Not a very happy piece of stats I suppose! My pointed reference to falling standars was not directed at any class of members - old or new. In fact my concern was all about quality. We need not be accommodating towards ones who contribute nothing.Here I again would point out that the present system of choosing weekly leaders is flawed - which has led to voulumious inane posts made with the sole intention of scoring points. Let boddunan sort out the technical issue to find which posts and article bring traffic that ultimately translates into hard cash and auguments boddunan's paying capacity. While making this post I am perfectly aware of courting displeasure and irritation of some but I don't mind it. After all hurtng boddunan's interest we all hurt ourselves!
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions and thoughts you have shared! Now I would ask members to collectively think on the linkage between the falling standards and falling revenues of boddunan. When I joined this site had a membership figure of around 4000 which has just doubled roughly in a span of two years. Not a very happy piece of stats I suppose! My pointed reference to falling standars was not directed at any class of members - old or new. In fact my concern was all about quality. We need not be accommodating towards ones who contribute nothing.Here I again would point out that the present system of choosing weekly leaders is flawed - which has led to voulumious inane posts made with the sole intention of scoring points. Let boddunan sort out the technical issue to find which posts and article bring traffic that ultimately translates into hard cash and auguments boddunan's paying capacity. While making this post I am perfectly aware of courting displeasure and irritation of some but I don't mind it. After all hurtng boddunan's interest we all hurt ourselves!

I am in total agreement. The site works for revenue. Hence, all activities that only score points but not revenue to the site are meaningless. Hence, there is need to promote quality as against quantity. It may also be necessary to ensure that the moderators devote more time to improve the site than making their own contribution.

[quote]Thank you all for your valuable suggestions and thoughts you have shared! Now I would ask members to collectively think on the linkage between the falling standards and falling revenues of boddunan. When I joined this site had a membership figure of around 4000 which has just doubled roughly in a span of two years. Not a very happy piece of stats I suppose! My pointed reference to falling standars was not directed at any class of members - old or new. In fact my concern was all about quality. We need not be accommodating towards ones who contribute nothing.Here I again would point out that the present system of choosing weekly leaders is flawed - which has led to voulumious inane posts made with the sole intention of scoring points. Let boddunan sort out the technical issue to find which posts and article bring traffic that ultimately translates into hard cash and auguments boddunan's paying capacity. While making this post I am perfectly aware of courting displeasure and irritation of some but I don't mind it. After all hurtng boddunan's interest we all hurt ourselves! [/quote]

I totally agree with this, looking out for interests of all will only hurt boddunan and consequently all of us. There is a need to change the criteria for the weekly leader board which only takes into consideration the scores of poits, which do not guarantee any quality whatsoever, so also the DFAA award which really does not speak for the quality of posts, but only quantity.

Thanks Kalyani and Gulshan for your welll-reasoned views. As both of you have expressed yourself very clearly on quality issue, I would cite a particular instance here which might kick up a shindy but I have to do it being driven my conscience. The thread which is currently drawing a lot of participation is ''members currently online''. Can anyone explain to me how it's adding value? A member making a quality post get 5 points as anyone who is responding to this thread!! Just see the monstrosity of it! You are treating chaff and grain the same way!!!
Thanks Kalyani and Gulshan for your welll-reasoned views. As both of you have expressed yourself very clearly on quality issue, I would cite a particular instance here which might kick up a shindy but I have to do it being driven my conscience. The thread which is currently drawing a lot of participation is ''members currently online''. Can anyone explain to me how it's adding value? A member making a quality post get 5 points as anyone who is responding to this thread!! Just see the monstrosity of it! You are treating chaff and grain the same way!!!

I think this thread should be removed. Moderators need be given more authority to delete such useless threads and encouraged to devote more time to as a moderator rather than participation in discussion himself.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.