Friends I have noticed that many of you don't post your forums under proper category. I want to ask the admin, if we reply to those forums, we will be penalied or our posts will be considered valid.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
many members do not put their posts in any category. Then the default category 'announcements' appears. There is no deduction for wrong category and no penalty. I suggest that there should be no default category and unless the member selects a category, the new thread should not be accepted by the site. This will need some change in procedure.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

This is really a good idea. I agree with you. Admin should do the needful.
Devyani, selecting a wrong category or replying to posts created in wrong category does not attract penalty, unless the posts and threads are spam. Until the changes as suggested by Gulshan can be made and implemented, it all ultimately boils down to more responsibility by individual users, that they select appropriate categories while creating new threads! Many a times, it is that the users themselves are not sure about which category to select or they just don't care much for it!

It is good of you to point this out, Devyani! What you and others can do is point it out to the user who has created the post and ask him/her to change it to appropriate category! This will help make people more aware of it!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

EVEN I ALSO FACED THIS PROBLEM , I FOUND MANY FORUMS IN WRONG CATEGORY.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Your sugestion is good and appreciable.I have also noticed such.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
Devyani, selecting a wrong category or replying to posts created in wrong category does not attract penalty, unless the posts and threads are spam. Until the changes as suggested by Gulshan can be made and implemented, it all ultimately boils down to more responsibility by individual users, that they select appropriate categories while creating new threads! Many a times, it is that the users themselves are not sure about which category to select or they just don't care much for it!

It is good of you to point this out, Devyani! What you and others can do is point it out to the user who has created the post and ask him/her to change it to appropriate category! This will help make people more aware of it!

The users generally do not write category. Then this is default category. I am sure that the users will in most cases write an appropriate category if categorization is made compulsory by improving system. Presently, you cannot post unless you write the topic. Similar provision can be made for category.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

[quote]Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

The users generally do not write category. Then this is default category. I am sure that the users will in most cases write an appropriate category if categorization is made compulsory by improving system. Presently, you cannot post unless you write the topic. Similar provision can be made for category. [/quote]

This could work, but only to an extent. Because it still does not guarantee that people will select the Correct category. what is needed is caution on their part and vigilance on others'

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.