Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
we should respect their advises and try to implement in our life.
Chinmoy has given good example of frustration of elders in family. Presently, I am eldest in my entire joint family and so asking for responsibilities to the elders will appear selfish at the moment. While the young should respect and care for the elders, I feel elders should also adjust to the new environment. They should cultivate some hobby and not interfere unnecessarily. One should arrange for financial independence in old age.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I have noticed that some elderly people tend to be possessive in their families which at times creates unnecessary tension and avoidable bitterness in relationships.But that is the way of the advancing age!
To respect them and look after them like a child in their oldage, and take good care

http://beautytipsforflawlessskin.blogspot.com/

I agree with Fathima's views that they should taken care of as children because this phase of life is also known as the second childhood!!We must not be too oversensitive to some of their comments or acts!
Experience of life is most important wealth earned by elders.This is why we must respect and seek guidance from them.

Its not that elders are always senior citizens.They can be two year older to us also like our elder brother.There we can't care too much but can respect and seek guidance.

Arise Awake and Rest Not till the Goal is Achieved.
To speak in a wider sense, our responsibilities are not confined to the four walls of the rooms or only to the elders of our own family but to the elders of our whole society and I think there lies the challenge and we do have some important responsibilities towards them also....
That's a very good point made by Ajay! We must respect the elders of our society. But the point they too have to be conscious of being elders and earn our respect!
we should fulfill our duties which are delegated to us by our elders.
to care them, to listern their words, be obediant to them and make them happy

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.