Even Two cups of water can help you fight the bulge

Just two cups of water taken before meals can help you win the battle of the bulge, a new clinical trial has confirmed.

"We are presenting results of the first randomised controlled intervention trial demonstrating that increased water consumption is an effective weight loss strategy," said Brenda Davy, senior study author, Virginia Tech Institute, US.

"We found that over a course of 12 weeks, dieters who drank water before meals three times a day, lost about five pounds more than dieters who did not increase their water intake," she said.

"People should drink more water and less sugary, high-calorie drinks. It's a simple way to facilitate weight management," added Davy.

Davy pointed out that everyday experience has long suggested that water can help promote weight loss. But surprisingly, there has been little scientific information on the topic.

The study included 48 adults aged 55-75 years, divided into two groups. One group drank two cups of water prior to their meals and the other did not.

All of the subjects ate a low-calorie diet during the study. Over 12 weeks, water drinkers lost about 15.5 pounds while the non-water drinkers lost about 11 pounds.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
It is just a new study that revealed consumption of water before meals will help in weight loss.I think it is easy to try it out.
Dear Friend,

This will help to all those whose trying to lose the weight.

Regard's
Bharat.
Drink Water to Curb Weight Gain? Clinical Trial Confirms Effectiveness of Simple Appetite Control Method

Has the long-sought magic potion in society's "battle with the bulge" finally arrived? An appetite-control agent that requires no prescription, has no common side effects, and costs almost nothing? Scientists report results of a new clinical trial confirming that just two 8-ounce glasses of the stuff, taken before meals, enables people to shed pounds. The weight-loss elixir, they told the 240th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society (ACS), is ordinary wate
Well a new information and thanks for sharing.
I even heard that warm water burns calories and makes you look slim..
I think water has the capability to cure all diseases.Nature has gifted us with a natural medicine.
Water is very useful for maintaining health and digestion of food. many thanks for giving extra benefits.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

But the worrying fact is now a days clean drinking water is very hard to get. :( :(
Very useful information given. Thanks for sharing this information.
I take plenty of water after meals.Here it says to be before meals.

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.