Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
@sarala,
I think it can vary from individual to individual.Now a days I could see many girls smoking in the corridor during tea and coffee breaks.But it is not wise to foolishly follow the western culture.It is good to take the good things and leave out the rest.
nagalakshmi.karunanidhi wrote:
[quote]@sarala,
I think it can vary from individual to individual.Now a days I could see many girls smoking in the corridor during tea and coffee breaks.But it is not wise to foolishly follow the western culture.It is good to take the good things and leave out the rest.[/quote]

It is not proper to associate any thing bad with western way. I have seen many illiterate women smoking Bidi. They are not westernized. Also the illiterate not westernized inn any way drink country made liqueur. There is nothing western in this.

The girls smoking in corridors are not following western culture. They are working women and not house wives. Hence, they do what their male counterparts also do. I am a non smoker but I think we cannot oppose this on gender basis. what is okay for men is also okay for women.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

There are other things which are great for health than alchohol . We should rather go for yoga .
As a Indian lady, they should have some rules that women should have smoking and all the bad habbits.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

Hey sarala,can you brief your comments?.I cannot understand it. :) :)
nagalakshmi.karunanidhi wrote:
[quote]Hey sarala,can you brief your comments?.I cannot understand it. :) :)[/quote]

Sarala has not worded her post properly. Obviously, she means that there should be strict rules in offices and call centers prohibiting women from smoking in corridors.

But I think there cannot be gender bias in making rules. Whatever be the Indian traditions, rules cannot be different fro men and women.

i think Sarala will make this clear.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

thanks for the explaination gulshan kumar

Slow and Steady Wins the Race.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.