Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
We all know and preach about how one can be happy..but still find ourselves caught in the web of unhappiness sometime or the other. It is but natural..highs and lows are part and parcel of our life.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Knowing that Highs and Lows are part of life and showing equanimity towards them, it self is secret of happiness.
For me best formulae of happiness stay in present, think of now and shred past and do not formulate action for future. :whistle: :whistle:

http://mohanmekap.com/

For me best formulae of happiness stay in present, think of now and shred past and do not formulate action for future. :whistle: :whistle:

Past should become history..this formula is an important ingredient for happiness. A little bit of future planning helps but not far fetched plans, which if unfulfilled makes one unhappy. So it is indeed correct to stay and enjoy the here and now.

Past should become history..this formula is an important ingredient for happiness. A little bit of future planning helps but not far fetched plans, which if unfulfilled makes one unhappy. So it is indeed correct to stay and enjoy the here and now.

That's why wisemen say, "" PRESENT is the present bestowed on humanity ." make use of it for eternal Happiness.
Happiness is subjective and no formula can measure this. Howver I have a way to measure the materialist happiness in monetary terms. This is measured by the ratio of your needs to your possession. If you need just Rs. fifty thousand for your needs but you have one lac, your happiness is 2(TWO). But if you had only Rs. 50,000/- your happiness is one. If you had 25,000 only, your happiness would be half or 50%.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu, Dwarakanathan, Mousumi Ghosh
Happiness is subjective and no formula can measure this. Howver I have a way to measure the materialist happiness in monetary terms. This is measured by the ratio of your needs to your possession. If you need just Rs. fifty thousand for your needs but you have one lac, your happiness is 2(TWO). But if you had only Rs. 50,000/- your happiness is one. If you had 25,000 only, your happiness would be half or 50%.

Of course you gave a simple way to measure the happiness. I agree happiness is relative. Not absolute.

It is easy to measure materialist happiness..but otherwise emotional happiness is difficult to measure. It is subjective as you have mentioned.

Staying present and keeping oneself busy doing some useful work without being idle is the secret of happiness.
Staying present and keeping oneself busy doing some useful work without being idle is the secret of happiness.

Yes, an empty mind is a devil's workshop and now an empty mind is a unhappy abode..or so we can say. Indulging in useful activity of any kind keeps your worries and unhappiness at bay.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.