There are many surprise uses of gold- in medicine, space technology and elsewhere. Hre is link:

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/photos/industries-where-gold-is-used-as-raw-material-1407387056-slideshow/

I may add anothr use. Gold as well as silver covering is also used on sweets. But I dislike such use.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Although I know the usage of metals like gold and silver and precious stones are used in many oriental therapies including Ayurveda, this link has helped in knowing the applications of gold in a wider range like NASA.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I always knew that gold has been in use in multiple ways..but thanks for bringing this news piece to our notice. The info about "It may sound odd, but the dye in your blue jeans or your ballpoint pen has also been paired with gold nanoparticles to fight cancer." ..is relatively new for me.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

The purpose of wearing rings made of precious metals like gold and silver is their touch to the body is therapeutic in nature. Many are under the wrong impression that wearing rings made of gold and silver is for mere show.
In our place there is a practice of scrubbing a gold coin and the powder added to hot milk and given to small children although how safe it is not known...I prefer to buy gold for pleasure since I love the beauty of the ornaments .But I feel spending too much money on gold and hoarding it is nothing but an obsession !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In our place there is a practice of scrubbing a gold coin and the powder added to hot milk and given to small children although how safe it is not known...I prefer to buy gold for pleasure since I love the beauty of the ornaments .But I feel spending too much money on gold and hoarding it is nothing but an obsession !

This practice of scrubbing the gold coin to the milk given for children is prevalent here also. But the quantity of powder should not exceed a limit. Better to consult a registered Ayurvedic practitioner to know about exact quantity of gold powder.

This practice of scrubbing the gold coin to the milk given for children is prevalent here also. But the quantity of powder should not exceed a limit. Better to consult a registered Ayurvedic practitioner to know about exact quantity of gold powder.

Yes, from what I know gold is used in some Lehas and other preparations in Ayurveda which are supposed to enhance your health and vitality !
On a lighter note yesterday I saw a news item where a Maharashtrian politician has got a shirt made from 4 kgs of gold for his 45th birthday :dry: , that is obsession ...
http://www.ndtv.com/article/offbeat/this-politician-has-4-kilo-gold-shirt-cost-over-a-crore-572786

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Yes, from what I know gold is used in some Lehas and other preparations in Ayurveda which are supposed to enhance your health and vitality !
On a lighter note yesterday I saw a news item where a Maharashtrian politician has got a shirt made from 4 kgs of gold for his 45th birthday :dry: , that is obsession ...
http://www.ndtv.com/article/offbeat/this-politician-has-4-kilo-gold-shirt-cost-over-a-crore-572786

I have seen This photo in the link. Wearing a shirt worth Rs. 1.3 crores is madness.
The purpose of wearing rings made of precious metals like gold and silver is their touch to the body is therapeutic in nature. Many are under the wrong impression that wearing rings made of gold and silver is for mere show.

The decoration aspect is more dominating than therapeutic. If you are wearing gold and silver on doctor's advice, the mattr would be other way.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

The decoration aspect is more dominating than therapeutic. If you are wearing gold and silver on doctor's advice, the mattr would be other way.

It serves both the purposes. As a decorative and as a curative metal. Because of its high cost, only rich and noble people could afford this yellow metal, which is also called Noble Metal.
Ya its used in decorating clothes also but that makes the price of the clothes much costlier. :)
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.