Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Har Har - This term is used for Lord shankar and Ganges river by Hindus. Using this in any other context is clearly undesirable. You may say- Har Har Mahadev or Har har Gange. But not for any one.

Personally, I don't believe in any religion. But I feel that nobody should make mockery of the religious phrase or slogan. Strangely, supporters of the 'Hindutva party' were using this term or title for their leader in Varanasi. surprisingly, no body from that party even cared to stop this parody pf the sacred phrase. Now a Shankracharya, Hindu clergy man- has objected but the organization asserts that this was not done by them.

http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/kashi-shankaracharya-slams-har-har-modi-chants_919716.html

There are also congress men comparing an Italian lady Sonia Mainu who is a catholic by birth to Seeta and Durga which sounds even more ridiculous and has hurt the sentiments of many Hindus ....What happened above too is not something that is really needed since elections are meant to choose the right candidate and not one upmanship between candidates...Modi had the sense to ask his followers not to do so, but looks like the Italian lady is quite insensitive to such feelings of the majority population in the country...

I agree with you. In fact all the political parties which are a groups of Buffoons vie with each other to exhibit their Buffoonery before the public, especially during elections. In this regard at least Modi wa wise enough to have asked his caders after Varanasi rally not to use the slogan. But our congress buffoons are still in their fools paradise making mockery of themselves comparing 'AMMA' with Shakti.

Elections seem such a futile exercise since we are not going to be better off....It will the same people with same mind set, just that the parties are different ! The media at least is trying to do a good job by organising debates which are quite good.But inspite of telling the politician guests what is to be expected , we often see them going hammers and tongs at each other instead of sticking to issues...It shows that it is all about power rather than good governance !

I wish to share another aspect. On english language channels, the debating politcians behave much better and speak in turn. But on Hindi channels, the quality of discussion is very poor and you can't listen anything as the debators continuously interupt each other.

All debates sound like 1000 crows singing a chorus. The difference is a chorus is a combination of concordant notes. Whereas the Debates are a combination of Discordant notes.

Since politicians are representetives of the nation , it only goes to show how indisciplined, uncultured and self centered we are as a population...

Yadha Praja Thatha raja.Can an undisciplined population select and elect better representatives? A distant dream.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.