Today is World Poetry Day and I rise and salute the lyrical geniuses of all times,please join me!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Saluting all the great poets and the annonymous poets who have made our lives richer by their contribution...

I look in too often
and see far too little
I don’t hold this in doubt
I am sure of it now.
I am but a simple thread
in a river of possibility.

Annonymous

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

My salutations to all the great poets, both from the past and the present who have taught us to love ourselves, to appreciate the beauty around us and fine things in life! The headstone on the grave of poet Jackson Pollock sums up totally why poetry is essential in life:
It says, "Artists and poets are the raw nerve ends of humanity. By themselves they can do little to save humanity. Without them there would be little worth saving."

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar, chinmoymukherjee
:P We must remain alive to seminal contributions of poets over centuries. Poets reach where none can ever dare to!
Ushs, is it yours? Great!
:P We must remain alive to seminal contributions of poets over centuries. Poets reach where none can ever dare to!

Chinmoy I too like the words and it is not mine, found it on the net :)

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

For a moment, I too thought it was written by you. By the way, these are really great words written in a compact manner. Nice composition. And yes salutations to all the poets!!!

For a moment, I too thought it was written by you. By the way, these are really great words written in a compact manner. Nice composition. And yes salutations to all the poets!!!

She did add Anonymous at the bottom of the poem! But it is truly a fine example of a precise, concise composition with great meaning.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.