Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I can speak and write in seven languages. Does that mean I will never have dementia? No friends, I am already beginning to forget things. I think this idea of being bilingual and not having dementia is not scientifically provable

The article says that a joint study was conducted by the researchers of Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Osmania Uni-versity, and University of Edinburgh.
The study specifically says that its just knowing 2 languages is not the criteria but switching over from one language to the other while speaking will help reduce the chances of dementia. Anyhow the team is further going to take up more studies.
Here is an example of switching over from one language to the other in conversations prevalent in Hyderabad and Telangana regions of Andhra.
Darwaza band chesi ra, means ‘close the door and come back’. You can see the speaker is switching over from Telugu to urdu .
This means the level of comfortableness while speaking languages, this is an interesting observation, and as per this research is still going on.

http://mohanmekap.com/

I can speak and write in seven languages. Does that mean I will never have dementia? No friends, I am already beginning to forget things. I think this idea of being bilingual and not having dementia is not scientifically provable

The article says that a joint study was conducted by the researchers of Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Osmania Uni-versity, and University of Edinburgh.
The study specifically says that its just knowing 2 languages is not the criteria but switching over from one language to the other while speaking will help reduce the chances of dementia. Anyhow the team is further going to take up more studies.
Here is an example of switching over from one language to the other in conversations prevalent in Hyderabad and Telangana regions of Andhra.
Darwaza band chesi ra, means ‘close the door and come back’. You can see the speaker is switching over from Telugu to urdu .
This means the level of comfortableness while speaking languages, this is an interesting observation, and as per this research is still going on.

This is the first of the series of researches Further studies may throw light on the intricacies of the experiment.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar
Friends I think tremendous stress, continuous demotivation and worries makes a person suffer from dementia.
Now they say that if you speak in two languages, you will not get dementia. Then I'm lucky. I speak in English as well Hindi. some times, I talk in Punjabi also.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/131107/lifestyle-health-and-well-being/article/being-bilingual-helps-beat-dementia

I can speak 3 language, Hindi, Punjabi and Bagri. I can speak English but I can understand it.

That means you can speak in all 4 languages. :lol:

Sorry it is mistake, Read it as I can not speak English but I can understand it

This is the first of the series of researches Further studies may throw light on the intricacies of the experiment.
It is an interesting part of research where the behavioral aspects of human mind is related with this disease and if the result is well known, then within some time, it can prove to be deterrent for a good heath.

http://mohanmekap.com/

It is an interesting part of research where the behavioral aspects of human mind is related with this disease and if the result is well known, then within some time, it can prove to be deterrent for a good heath.

With the scientific knowledge making giant leaps more and more hitherto unknown things about human nature will come in to light.
Yes Rambabu you are right. Human body is not totally known to us. Many new things are coming up with new experiments.
Now they say that if you speak in two languages, you will not get dementia. Then I'm lucky. I speak in English as well Hindi. some times, I talk in Punjabi also.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/131107/lifestyle-health-and-well-being/article/being-bilingual-helps-beat-dementia

In that case i am also lucky because I can talk in 6-7 fluently apart from a few I can make workable use. I think most members of this site have no chance of suffering from dementia as most of them are capable to speak multiple languages.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

In that case i am also lucky because I can talk in 6-7 fluently apart from a few I can make workable use. I think most members of this site have no chance of suffering from dementia as most of them are capable to speak multiple languages.

Yes. I marked this. From the threads, it's very clear that many members are capable of speaking and writing in more than two languages. No fear of dementia for them.

Yes. I marked this. From the threads, it's very clear that many members are capable of speaking and writing in more than two languages. No fear of dementia for them.

I know this is only a research that is conducted in order to find newer ways. it may or may not prove correct in the end but let them try. That is how new things see daylight.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.