Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Apex court has commuted death sentence to life imprisonment in the infamous Tandoor case ruling that mere cruelty cannot be a basis for arriving at conclusion of 'rarest of rare'. If there is chance of reform and the case is just personal and family matter, this is not rarest of rare justifying death penalty.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Courts-struggle-to-apply-rarest-of-rare-test/Article1-1132812.aspx
I think the apex court has delivered the right justice to this culprit as he committed a grave crime, he has to feel it by living in the dark cell for his life time, as the honorable court clearly mentioned that for him life term is jail term till his death, as per television footings, the persons seems to be in his thirties, so this would be a perfect for him so that each day of his life he would be thinking about the crime he has committed.

Solitary confinement will make the prisoner recall the heinous crime he committed. And these thoughts make him more and more guilty each day and each moment of his life, making him a living corpse. This's is much bigger punishment than the capital punishment.

I thought cruelty to animals was not permitted in our country . People like these are worse than animals so need your sympathy. :evil:

Its not sympathy its inflicting a bigger and grievous injury than capital punishment. Capital punishment will cause a momentary injury. Mental torture will live and increase day by day.

I said the same- Cruelty against animals is not accepted. If you will keep this person in jail for life making him suffer for rest of his life, that will be like great cruelty for this animal. As far family relations, I am not sure if that justifies murder of a woman. In that case all bride burning should be considered sympathetically.

Bride burning is related to dowry issue which is a social problem.
This is the case of extra marital affairs, and with the spurt of moment he fired upon her and she died on the spot, the honorable court has given him life time to repent within black walls of cell.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Apex court has commuted death sentence to life imprisonment in the infamous Tandoor case ruling that mere cruelty cannot be a basis for arriving at conclusion of 'rarest of rare'. If there is chance of reform and the case is just personal and family matter, this is not rarest of rare justifying death penalty.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/NewDelhi/Courts-struggle-to-apply-rarest-of-rare-test/Article1-1132812.aspx
I think the apex court has delivered the right justice to this culprit as he committed a grave crime, he has to feel it by living in the dark cell for his life time, as the honorable court clearly mentioned that for him life term is jail term till his death, as per television footings, the persons seems to be in his thirties, so this would be a perfect for him so that each day of his life he would be thinking about the crime he has committed.

Solitary confinement will make the prisoner recall the heinous crime he committed. And these thoughts make him more and more guilty each day and each moment of his life, making him a living corpse. This's is much bigger punishment than the capital punishment.

I thought cruelty to animals was not permitted in our country . People like these are worse than animals so need your sympathy. :evil:

I am agree with you, a person who chopped his wife like vegetable don't deserve sympathy.

Its not sympathy its inflicting a bigger and grievous injury than capital punishment. Capital punishment will cause a momentary injury. Mental torture will live and increase day by day.

I said the same- Cruelty against animals is not accepted. If you will keep this person in jail for life making him suffer for rest of his life, that will be like great cruelty for this animal. As far family relations, I am not sure if that justifies murder of a woman. In that case all bride burning should be considered sympathetically.

The aim of any punishment is 'Reformation.' The law gives a chance to the prisoner to repent and amend his or her ways and make himself or herself fit to live in the society. Many hard core criminals took to normal life. For making the prisoner normal death sentence will never serve the purpose. But remember death sentence is not the only punishment, torturing the prisoner all along the life reminding the misdeeds is also a punishment. Rather a bigger punishment.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.