Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Such couples are called DINKS ( that means, double income no kids). Adding to what is described in the article, there is one type where both are working in good jobs and are ambitious of advancing to great heights in their individual careers. So having kids will prove detrimental to the career of at least one parent, usually the mother. So such couple now no longer wish for kids at all!

Well, I have noticed a trend...both the partners who marry and dont have kids usally fall under the age group of 30's or 25's , I have seen that these trend occur in cities compared to villages. Why not save the income for themselves? Imagine being a mother at the peak of their career and they might not like the idea of teen kids when they are in their 60's!!!!!!

True.. this trend is more prevalent in cities than rural areas because the reasons are quite obvious. Also now with mindsets changing to more individualistic tendencies do not allow parents to be of the nurturing type, so it is better that such parents do not have kids!

Some of them regret not having had kids later in life when it is too late to have any ! I know of a couple living in the US both highly educated and earning very well, decided not to have kids and now in their late forties feel that it is too late to have a child....I feel sorry for them because they missed a chance then and now will regret for life !

Yes that danger is always there...once they get on with living real life after having a great career, achieved all their ambitions, they realise how empty life is after all! But then it is a matter of to do or not to do..because there are many parents who give birth to a child because they are supposed to, only to leave him or her at the mercy of a nanny or throw him in the creche!

I agree...either way it is difficult for the mother.You have to either sacrifice your career or leave your child with others if you are keen on going back to work...Earlier it was much easier since you had either in laws or someone trusted to take care of the baby...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I live in a country where very few couples go for children. In fact for last couple of decades the population growth of Australia is in minus side. They have every facility for them and family but not interested in children. And it is despite the fact that they are reimbursed for everything including education health care, traveling but somehow they do not feel like having children of their own although children taken very well care here by the government.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Nothing beats the pleasure that comes out of child upbringing. I have seen those who decided not to have children in the initial stages of their lives running around Child adoption homes for adopting children in the evening of their lives.
Such couples are called DINKS ( that means, double income no kids). Adding to what is described in the article, there is one type where both are working in good jobs and are ambitious of advancing to great heights in their individual careers. So having kids will prove detrimental to the career of at least one parent, usually the mother. So such couple now no longer wish for kids at all!

Well, I have noticed a trend...both the partners who marry and dont have kids usally fall under the age group of 30's or 25's , I have seen that these trend occur in cities compared to villages. Why not save the income for themselves? Imagine being a mother at the peak of their career and they might not like the idea of teen kids when they are in their 60's!!!!!!

True.. this trend is more prevalent in cities than rural areas because the reasons are quite obvious. Also now with mindsets changing to more individualistic tendencies do not allow parents to be of the nurturing type, so it is better that such parents do not have kids!

Some of them regret not having had kids later in life when it is too late to have any ! I know of a couple living in the US both highly educated and earning very well, decided not to have kids and now in their late forties feel that it is too late to have a child....I feel sorry for them because they missed a chance then and now will regret for life !

Yes that danger is always there...once they get on with living real life after having a great career, achieved all their ambitions, they realise how empty life is after all! But then it is a matter of to do or not to do..because there are many parents who give birth to a child because they are supposed to, only to leave him or her at the mercy of a nanny or throw him in the creche!

I agree...either way it is difficult for the mother.You have to either sacrifice your career or leave your child with others if you are keen on going back to work...Earlier it was much easier since you had either in laws or someone trusted to take care of the baby...

True...now with nuclear families, there is hardly anyone to take care of the children. And yet there also is an increasing trend among young couples where even fathers are now taking sabbaticals from their jobs and staying home to take care of their kids while the wife goes to work. A positive sign of changing times!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.