Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Cell phone towers have affected sense of direction of the migratory birds. This indicates how much technology is affecting environment.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/UttarPradesh/Cell-towers-harm-migratory-birds-sense-of-direction/Article1-1059961.aspx

Thats very true ! Near to Bangalore there is a place called Kokkare bellur where a certain species of migratory cranes arrive every year and stay for months together and a lot of tourists and others visit the place....howrever since a few years the number has decreased and one can see smaller groups distributed in different areas, which is also probably due to this very fact !

We are talking about migratory birds but it is very hard to see birds which are very common in our childhood. How many house sparrow you see in these days.

Thankfully we have some in our garden, they have their nests on top of the mango trees , so are a couple of Mynahs and othet birds who twitter away in the morning, very sweet to hear when you wake up...I hardly ever get to see any crows these days...

You are lucky. I also like to watch birds when ever I was sitting out side my house. It is summer do some thing to made available water for birds to drinks and bath. With it you can also watch more birds in your house.

They have plenty of water since we have a well and an open tank , so there is no dearth of water....We can see them playing in the water and playing around.... :)

That is a sight many now have to pay to be able to see! :) So take some shots and post them here for us to see! :) I used to plant bajra in my pots and when the grain ripened, a couple of spotted red munia used to come feed on it, but since last year, it is only the pigeons who visit my balcony and they scare away all the little birds, so I have now stopped planting bajra. Now only a couple of sun birds now come when the flowers open. I miss the little muniya ! But thankfully, there are jamun and goolar (cluster fig) trees in the adjoining comppound, the branches of which are now touching my terrace and kitchen window, so I get to see a lot of warblers, bulbuls, koyals and hear their sweet songs.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Cell phone towers have affected sense of direction of the migratory birds. This indicates how much technology is affecting environment.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/UttarPradesh/Cell-towers-harm-migratory-birds-sense-of-direction/Article1-1059961.aspx

Thats very true ! Near to Bangalore there is a place called Kokkare bellur where a certain species of migratory cranes arrive every year and stay for months together and a lot of tourists and others visit the place....howrever since a few years the number has decreased and one can see smaller groups distributed in different areas, which is also probably due to this very fact !

We are talking about migratory birds but it is very hard to see birds which are very common in our childhood. How many house sparrow you see in these days.

Thankfully we have some in our garden, they have their nests on top of the mango trees , so are a couple of Mynahs and othet birds who twitter away in the morning, very sweet to hear when you wake up...I hardly ever get to see any crows these days...

You are lucky. I also like to watch birds when ever I was sitting out side my house. It is summer do some thing to made available water for birds to drinks and bath. With it you can also watch more birds in your house.

They have plenty of water since we have a well and an open tank , so there is no dearth of water....We can see them playing in the water and playing around.... :)

Plz also arrange for their food. Here in my city it is special campaign in these to make provision for water and food for birds. One news paper owner is distributing free clay pots for this purpose.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.