Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Two quotes I liked about common sense ..
1, It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.
and
2, Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense.

True....The first one reminds me of that old tale where four young men who are returning home after completing education encounter a skeleton of a lion. To show off their knowledge two of them create the lion's bones and flesh and the third one is about to make him alive. The fourth one who is the only one with common sense advises them against doing so, but they laugh at him calling him a fool and dimwitted. He then climbs a high branch up a tree while the other three proceed to make the lion alive who then wakes up, gives a big roar and kills them all in one instant! Education without common sense is exactly like that, dangerous to the hilt!

LOL, I remember this story from Panchatantra..It is very apt ! Many highly qualified people sometimes are unable to perceive very simple things in life because they lack common sense...at the same time we see some uneducated people coming up with the most enlightening thoughts and ideas...

True...which is why I believe that no matter how educated one is or his station in life higher than others, one must be grounded at all times, if not for any other thing but at least for the common sense that the most humble people have to offer!
Do you watch The Big Bang Theory? It is quite funny and hilarious but the underlying fact remains the same, how the common sense of a humble waitress triumphs over the genius of four highly intelligent scientists!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

1, It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.
and
2, Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense.

And to add common sense cannot be enhanced by books. This is with in the person its all about applying mind and think about the basics.

And pseudo intelligence can kill all common sense as it inflicts a person with false sense of extra vision who tries to force his thinkings on others.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

and

True....The first one reminds me of that old tale where four young men who are returning home after completing education encounter a skeleton of a lion. To show off their knowledge two of them create the lion's bones and flesh and the third one is about to make him alive. The fourth one who is the only one with common sense advises them against doing so, but they laugh at him calling him a fool and dimwitted. He then climbs a high branch up a tree while the other three proceed to make the lion alive who then wakes up, gives a big roar and kills them all in one instant! Education without common sense is exactly like that, dangerous to the hilt!

LOL, I remember this story from Panchatantra..It is very apt ! Many highly qualified people sometimes are unable to perceive very simple things in life because they lack common sense...at the same time we see some uneducated people coming up with the most enlightening thoughts and ideas...

True...which is why I believe that no matter how educated one is or his station in life higher than others, one must be grounded at all times, if not for any other thing but at least for the common sense that the most humble people have to offer!
Do you watch The Big Bang Theory? It is quite funny and hilarious but the underlying fact remains the same, how the common sense of a humble waitress triumphs over the genius of four highly intelligent scientists!

I havent watched the serial Kalyani but have heard about it....In our school, we have a watchman who has been working for many years and is much smarter than the management staff and every time they come they cannot function without him because he is smart and notices things much better than them,,,sometimes it is quite funny, with the pompous lot being dictated by a humble watchman :cheer:

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

and

I havent watched the serial Kalyani but have heard about it....In our school, we have a watchman who has been working for many years and is much smarter than the management staff and every time they come they cannot function without him because he is smart and notices things much better than them,,,sometimes it is quite funny, with the pompous lot being dictated by a humble watchman :cheer:

Oh you should watch that, they are showing it on Starworld around 8 pm or thereabouts, I can watch the rerun at 4:30 pm in the afternoon.

But it is true that the more humble ones are the ones who are in touch with reality and observe things better and thereby possess more common sense. Of course, that too is now changing but still people who bother to take interest in others around them do have more common sense!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.