Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is too pessimistic. Good and bad events always occur. While we need avoid the bad, there is no justification in getting so gloomy and hopeless.

We need not be pessimistic or unduly optimistic - only we need to realistic!!

Being optimistic in today's scenario would be equivalent to seeking out fool's gold, at least in India if not elsewhere!
Being optimistic will not really help and the reality is just too morbid to think of anything positive or good. On personal level, things are indeed good for many but when we think about our country, reality is horrific!

There is always ray of hope. Excessive pessimism well definitely lead you nowhere.

I am an optimistic person by nature but am not at all blind to the reality that is India, hence when I think about the general situation in India, my comments are pessimistic, because I dwell in reality!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

This is too pessimistic. Good and bad events always occur. While we need avoid the bad, there is no justification in getting so gloomy and hopeless.

Being optimistic in today's scenario would be equivalent to seeking out fool's gold, at least in India if not elsewhere!
Being optimistic will not really help and the reality is just too morbid to think of anything positive or good. On personal level, things are indeed good for many but when we think about our country, reality is horrific!

There is always ray of hope. Excessive pessimism well definitely lead you nowhere.

I am an optimistic person by nature but am not at all blind to the reality that is India, hence when I think about the general situation in India, my comments are pessimistic, because I dwell in reality!

Those who are able to see things in their true light and view them as such, are strong enough to withstand this portrayal as 'Pessimistic'. There views actually help society to nurture optimism by applying the right correctives!!

Those who are able to see things in their true light and view them as such, are strong enough to withstand this portrayal as 'Pessimistic'. There views actually help society to nurture optimism by applying the right correctives!!

I do not mind being called a pessimist as I have been done quite often by many! But that does not bother me in the least because I am more aware of the facts than many of those who call me that! So I think your comment does encourage more!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: chinmoymukherjee

I do not mind being called a pessimist as I have been done quite often by many! But that does not bother me in the least because I am more aware of the facts than many of those who call me that! So I think your comment does encourage more!

I guess it is the knowledge of the cruel facts that makes one pessimist. If anyone does not have any idea of a certain thing, and he/she still is hopeful, then that type of optimism has no meaning, I guess.

I guess it is the knowledge of the cruel facts that makes one pessimist. If anyone does not have any idea of a certain thing, and he/she still is hopeful, then that type of optimism has no meaning, I guess.

It is a way of looking. The ugly and bad things get more publicity and if your mind is occupied just with these, you will feel that you are in a dark tunnel with no way out. Obviously, the good and normal things are not reported as these are of no news value. If one woman out of one million is raped on a day, her case will be reported and we shall be made to believe that there is nothing except rape. If there is one rail or bus accident on a day though every other bus or train is safe on other day, must one accident will be highlighted to give the message that there is utter lack of safety everywhere.

We have to see the ugly facts in true perspective. If seen that way, there will be no undue pessimism.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.