Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have heard about Kozhicode in school in Social Studies(S.S). Is kozhicode situated near Sea? I think spices are famous there. I am not sure.

Where is it? In India or abroad?

Calicut is known as Kozhicode. It is a city in Kerala. :)

I think it is in Bombay and famous for biriyani and sea food.

From where Bombay came? we are talking about Kozhicode.
Just google' Kozhicode' and you will see it is situated in Kerala.

In fact it's known as city of spices where Vasco Da Gama landed and started making changes in Indian lifestyle. India used to be a peaceful place before the foreigners started invading.

Yes. I have seen one Documentary. This place is also famous for its more historic Manuscript.

Want to make each day Accountable

Not for me as I am not fond of seafood. As a matter of fact I have stopped every non-vegan almost 8and half years before. But yes I stayed once in Calicut engg college years before with our football team and mixed up with students from our region on Diwali night. We had chicken that jumped from under my fork like he was dead but did not forget to jump around. :laugh:

i know. that's the reason why i selected non-veg menu for you :cheer:

Meera sandhu
I have heard about Kozhicode in school in Social Studies(S.S). Is kozhicode situated near Sea? I think spices are famous there. I am not sure.

Calicut is in Kerala, and Mumbai is in Maharashtra and both are cities, so how can Calicut be in Mumbai! :blink:
You guys seriously need to brush up a bit on your geography at least as far as India is concerned!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Calicut is in Kerala, and Mumbai is in Maharashtra and both are cities, so how can Calicut be in Mumbai! :blink:
You guys seriously need to brush up a bit on your geography at least as far as India is concerned!

yes, of course :silly: :silly: :silly:
am really shocked :dry: ..... by the answers Mumbai and abroad :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Meera sandhu
kozhicode is famous for many historical monuments too...most associated with foreign travellers.
but I have never visited this city or those historical places......

many historic forts are there in Kozhicode which were build to prevent foreign invades...

Meera sandhu

yes, of course :silly: :silly: :silly:
am really shocked :dry: ..... by the answers Mumbai and abroad :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :angry: :angry: :angry:

HA HA HA!! Shocking and frustrating it is really, I really expect that people should at least be aware of their own country! :blink:

kozhicode is famous for many historical monuments too...most associated with foreign travellers.

many historic forts are there in Kozhicode which were build to prevent foreign invades...

I wish to visit kozhikode one day, it is steeped in history and I am interested in learning about such places. I think Kozhikode was the city back then that supplied spices to all the other countries in the world, am I correct?

Often I heard in books and read about the place in books but never visited the place.

Sharmistha Banerjee

I wish to visit kozhikode one day, it is steeped in history and I am interested in learning about such places. I think Kozhikode was the city back then that supplied spices to all the other countries in the world, am I correct?

yes, of course.
foreigners came to India through Kerala coasts as they were addicted to the sweet smell of spices like pepper and cardamom.
But it later resulted in conquering of India. :silly: ...Dutch, Portugeese and at last English :S
earlier, pepper was cultivated only in Kerala. But now, India has lost its position. :( :(

Meera sandhu
They did not come for seeking spices but wanted to "discover" new places and 'lo and behold' they discovered India as if we did not exist before they did it.
We even constructed gateways to welcome them (gateway of India) where in their countries they hesitate to allot a visa and search taking our clothes off. what a joke!

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.