I can't figure out if a babe can dance in the lap of mothers without any bother of a thought of wearing clothes washed or not,why some devotees make a fetish of not wearing dresses or clothes without giving a wash while visiting any temple!!!
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Babies are immune from all social customs, beliefs, whims and fancies. They will acquire these in the course of upbringing. The devotees are grown up and they have notions of dress and cleanliness.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

@Gulshanji

I have used the word 'wash' and not 'clean' or cleanliness! This thought came while visiting famous Dakshineshwar temple where I found some men crying like babes and addressing the Kali idol as 'Maa maa' behaving just like kids. There is a notion that babes are closest to God and my query revolves round this.With this level of acute self-consciousness borne out of society,customs or whatever it is, do they ever get access to Her!
[quote]I can't figure out if a babe can dance in the lap of mothers without any bother of a thought of wearing clothes washed or not,why some devotees make a fetish of not wearing dresses or clothes without giving a wash while visiting any temple!!! [/quote]

I too have never figured this out! Most protocols to be followed before entering most temples verge on insanity, especially regarding cleanliness, the devotees are expected to dip themselves in water before entering a temple, but the insides of most temples are extremely dirty! where is the sanctity or purity in immediate vicinity of the Gods? And I really doubt whether Gods and Goddesses do exist in such places, never mind whether the devotees ever get access to them!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I also visited the famous Dakshineshwar temple.This is happened due to trust and devotion .This temple is famous as Ramakrisna and Made by Rani Rasmoni Devi.

www.mobileeduhut.blogspot.in
If a person surrenders himself or herself to God or Godess,it should be a complete one - notions of such cleaniless -to my mind- give rise to a feeling of guilt! A babe has no feelings of guilt and thus approaches the mother with all purity!
everyone has their way of showing their devotion.........

Your devotion towards GOD is justified only with the purity of your thoughts......

smriti
Chinmayjee can you make this question a little bit clear? I am still searching it in dark. I want to give an answer and continue this thread

Meera sandhu
This is not only about clothes but all about inside as well, do we go inside a temple with a clean heart? Some of them act as if they do not care any thing else but the love of God but while they come out of the temple, any one can see them behaving altogether different. I have seen some of the priests wearing same clothes (upper clothes at least) for days together in temples situated in hills where, this is too cold.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Chinmayjee can you make this question a little bit clear? I am still searching it in dark. I want to give an answer and continue this thread

I think the answers that my question has drawn so far make it fairly understandable! What I tried to allude to was, if our belief or faith in God is tempered by too many peripheral considerations!
Clothes of the babes have nothing to do here, babes can dance even without clothes in the laps of their mothers. This is the dance that matters.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.